Nicknamed Warlords by the troops, these are massive beings putting the Hulks to shame. They are the absolute top of Cyborg society and formidable opponents, using their power to oppress and control their cybernetic subjects. These lords of war are the reason why Cyborg society needs our help to return to freedom.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Predominately found on high level planets, Warlords spawn infrequently, being airdropped onto the battlefield, normally alone, wherever 'Squadleader' Soldiers or Infantry Fighting Vehicles have raised an alarm to warn of a Helldiver's presence. Note that if multiple alerts have been activated by multiple patrols at the same time then it is entirely possible to be faced with two or even three Warlords at once.
- After spawning, Warlords will engage players in combat from mid to long range with their cannon, a rapid-fire version of the weapon used by Comrades. It deals high damage within a moderate area-of-effect and is fairly effective at tracking the player's movements. Any Helldiver struck just once or twice by this barrage will quickly be downed, at which point the Warlord will typically move towards them with the intent of executing the stricken player.
- Warlords are extremely heavily armored and invulnerable to most small arms fire, meaning dedicated anti-tank weapons or Stratagems (such as the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle, EAT-17, REC-6 Demolisher, Vindicator Dive Bomb, Railcannon Strike, etc.) should be used to destroy this dangerous foe. Helldivers are advised to take advantage of the Warlord's relatively poor maneuverability to gain the time and space required to target them with the necessary Stratagems.
Advanced Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Even though their heavy armor makes them highly resilient to most small arms fire, the following weapons are capable of damaging the Warlord:
- All Marksman and high-calibre weapons (LHO-63 Camper*, RX-1 Rail Gun, M2016 Constitution, AC-22 Dum-Dum*, as well as the P-6 Gunslinger* perk pistol)
- All continuous-beam Laser weapons (LAS-5 Scythe, LAS-12 Tanto*, LAS-98 Laser Cannon, as well as the Orbital Laser Strike Stratagem)
- All Arc Tech weapons (AC-3 Arc Thrower, AC-5 Arc Shotgun*)
- Explosive weapons with elemental effect (Obliterator Grenade Launcher, M-25 Rumbler*, PLAS-3 Singe and PLAS-1 Scorcher*)
- While it is entirely possible to bring down Warlords with all of the above-mentioned weapons, they are much less effective than dedicated anti-tank weaponry and Stratagems and it is recommended to use them only to finish off already damaged Warlords. An exception to this is the M-25 Rumbler*, as this weapon's explosive power is enough to destroy even multiple Warlords in a single volley if used correctly. Similarly, the AC-22 Dum-Dum* is an excellent choice to bring down individual Warlords after receiving a significant damage-buff in the Liberty Day 2019 content-drop Dive Harder.
* Item is part of a paid DLC pack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Somehow Immolators are able to set Warlords on fire through their armor, but the overtime damage is too low to effectively damage the victim.
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator has also received a buff in the Dive Harder expansion and the resulting ground-fires from this weapon are able to damage Warlords similarly to Incendiary Grenades and Incendiary Bombs. While the resulting damage to the Warlord is relatively insignificant, it should be noted that the ground-fires can block the Warlords path.
- The Tox-13 Avenger has NO effect on the Warlord and this enemy is essentially immune to any toxic effects from other weapons and Stratagems, even if their exposed flesh from sustained damage would suggest otherwise.