Thunderer Smoke Round
"A single round of smoke is fired from a nearby 'Thunderer' artillery emplacement. The smoke will cover a small area for a short while and block all line of sight."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Thunderer Smoke Round is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a high level planet - difficulty 10 to 11).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||An improved shell decreases activation time from 5 seconds to 3.|
|Mk3||2||An improved shell and optimized trajectory decrease activation time from 3 seconds to 1.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Thunderer Smoke Rounds function similarly to the Smoke Grenades Perk. The effect of the smoke is also the same at 15 seconds.
- Cyborg Hounds will not run at a player concealed by smoke, but instead walk (much the same as if the player was equipped with the SH-20 Shield Generator Pack).
- The Thunderer Smoke Round is an excellent support tool that provide Helldivers and their teammates with a degree of protection on missions. Creativity is key to getting the most out of the Smoke Round.
- Precision Call-In reduces this stratagem's activation time by one second, but it will not go below the game's allowed minimum of 0.1 seconds -- even when it is fully upgraded.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Hounds will not rush at Helldivers hidden in smoke
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Thunderer Smoke Round was released to players, for free, on Liberty Day (October 26th, 2017) along with the A/GL-8 Launcher Turret and the Heavy Strafing Run stratagems.
- The 5.06 patch reduced the cooldown time of the Smoke Round from 120 to its current duration of 100 seconds.