- This article is about the Bugs' heavy unit. For the Cyborg armored vehicle, see Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
Large mindless beings with a thick carapace and great strength. They are easily fooled or led around as they are slow and cumbersome. They are however capable of charging at great speeds, but with a severely limited turn radius.
Regular small arms fire will only be effective when attacking its exposed rear, but any ordnance available can easily damage these massive brutes.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Predominately found on medium level planets, Tanks spawn infrequently, emerging alone from underground wherever Scouts or Vanguards have raised an alarm to warn of a Helldiver's presence.
- After spawning, Tanks will either attack nearby players by stamping on the ground, knocking Helldivers off their feet, before finishing them off with their claws; or attempt to crush more distant players by charging at speed and running them over. Anti-tank Stratagems (such as the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle or Railcannon Strike) are required to damage the Tank's thick armor, although there is an unarmored weak spot at the rear of the creature which Helldivers can target with conventional weapons instead.
- As the Tank's normal movement speed is quite slow and its charges easy to predict, players can usually avoid attacks simply by sprinting around the beast or using the LIFT-850 Jump Pack to leap over it. This should allow time and space to target the Tank with the necessary weapons or Stratagems.
- Like the Behemoth bug, the Tank is vulnerable to damage from flame weaponry, even if the damage it actually takes is relatively low. Weapons like the Mk3 DBS-2 Double Freedom, Mk3 PLAS-1 Scorcher, Mk3 Obliterator Grenade Launcher and Incendiary Grenades Perk are all capable of damaging a Tank bug.
- The TOX-13 Avenger will poison and slow Tanks, killing them over time. A well-aimed volley from the M-25 Rumbler will dispatch a Tank. Upgrading it to Mk3 unlocks the toxic grenades, which have a similar effect to the Avenger's toxic spray.
Notes[edit | edit source]