"A design very similar to the standard issue flamethrower, this high-pressure weapon dispenses a toxic sludge. The toxin causes heavy trauma to the nervous system and slows down afflicted individuals as well as causing brain damage. It was developed by Dr. Junko under the 2079 act of self-defence research and has been tested extensively on live targets. The TOX-13 is part of the Hazard Ops equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The TOX-13 Avenger is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Hazard Ops Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||A higher-pressure tank allows for greater range.|
|Mk3||3||An extended fuel tank increases the amount of toxins before a reload is needed. Toxin capacity per magazine increased from 110 to 150.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 3 tanks of Avenger toxin, and can carry a maximum of 6. Each tank holds 110 units of toxin (150 when upgraded to Mk3). A 'low ammunition' warning sound will play when the weapon is fired with less than 20 units of toxin remaining in the tank.
- As this weapon does not use projectiles, it cannot retain a round in the chamber. Reload time is always 3 seconds, whether the tank is emptied or not.
- Unlike some bulkier support weapons, the Avenger can be reloaded on the move.
|TOX-13 'Avenger' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Chemical Spray|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||50/s||50/s||DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT)|
|Center Mass DPS||50/s||50/s||No center mass bonus|
|Status Effects||Heavy Poison;
|Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer; only Heavy Poison deals damage over time|
|Heavy Poison Damage/sec||100/s||100/s|
|Heavy Poison Duration||5 s||5 s|
|Slow Poison Duration||6 s||6 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600||600||Capacity||110||150*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||Can reload while moving; no tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||9 m||12 m*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is capable of damaging heavily armored enemies (such as the Bug Behemoth) that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat.
- The toxic sludge dispensed by the Avenger can kill a Helldiver three times over, similar to the Mk3 M-25 Rumbler and Mk3 Missile Barrage's effects on human tissue.
- Helldivers affected by the toxin can still be saved, however, by quickly moving over to them and helping them off the ground three times in quick succession as the poison wears itself out.
- The toxic can be used to slow the enemies, enemies once sprayed are noticeably slowed down, you can either switch to the main weapon to deal additional damage or help your teammates if they are overwhelmed by enemies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The TOX-13 Avenger was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The weapon now does less direct damage and more damage over time.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|