"A design very similar to the standard issue flamethrower, this high-pressure weapon dispenses a toxic sludge. The toxin causes heavy trauma to the nervous system and slows down afflicted individuals as well as causing brain damage. It was developed by Dr. Junko under the 2079 act of self-defence research and has been tested extensively on live targets. The TOX-13 is part of the Hazard Ops equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The TOX-13 Avenger is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Hazard Ops Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||A higher-pressure tank allows for greater range.|
|Mk3||3||An extended fuel tank increases the amount of toxins before a reload is needed. Toxin capacity per magazine increased from 110 to 150.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 3 tanks of Avenger toxin, and can carry a maximum of 6. Each tank holds 110 units of toxin (150 when upgraded to Mk3). A 'low ammunition' warning sound will play when the weapon is fired with less than 20 units of toxin remaining in the tank.
- As this weapon does not use projectiles, it cannot retain a round in the chamber. Reload time is always 3 seconds, whether the tank is emptied or not.
- Unlike some bulkier support weapons, the Avenger can be reloaded on the move.
|TOX-13 'Avenger' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Chemical Spray|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||50/s||50/s||DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT)|
|Center Mass DPS||50/s||50/s||No center mass bonus|
|Status Effects||Heavy Poison;
|Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer; only Heavy Poison deals damage over time|
|Heavy Poison Damage/sec||100/s||100/s|
|Heavy Poison Duration||5 s||5 s|
|Slow Poison Duration||6 s||6 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600||600|
|Capacity||110||150*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||Can reload while moving; no tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||9 m||12 m*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The TOX-13 Avenger is a side-grade to the traditional FLAM-40 Incinerator and a straight upgrade in some aspects, trading utility for more offensive power. It is capable of dealing crippling toxic damage and slowing organic enemies considerably and is a welcome addition to any team composition, however Helldivers must be especially careful when using this weapon as friendly fire is almost always lethal. It is recommended that Helldivers distance themselves from teammates or fire away from them to minimize friendly fire incidents.
- The Avenger's primary use is slowing and softening up approaching enemies, letting teammates, Stratagems, or the lingering toxic damage finish them off to save ammo. While not recommended, the Avenger can also be used as a last ditch tool to slow or kill enemies that have downed a fellow diver or gotten too close to an objective, however the risk of friendly fire is very high.
- This weapon is capable of damaging and slowing heavily armored enemies such as the Bug Behemoth that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat. Inorganic enemies such as the Cyborg IFV and Warlord are completely immune to the Avenger's effects. Bugs are especially susceptible to this weapon's effects as the vast majority of their units attack exclusively with melee attacks and are rendered completely harmless at range.
- The Avenger's damage over time can kill a Helldiver three times over, similar to the Mk3 M-25 Rumbler and Mk3 Missile Barrage's toxic effects. Helldivers and Survivors affected by the toxin can still be saved by quickly moving over to them and reviving them three times in quick succession as the poison wears itself out.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The TOX-13 Avenger has earned the affectionate nickname of "Bugspray" in the HELLDIVERS community due to how effective it is against the Bug faction and how it is almost entirely relegated to fighting them in high level play.
- The TOX-13 Avenger was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The weapon now does less direct damage and more damage over time.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|