We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Stratagems refers to a wide variety of powerful ordnance and war matériel that Helldivers are able to call down from Helldiver Command during missions on enemy territory.
Each Stratagem has its own unique code consisting of a sequence of d-pad inputs between 3 and 7 button presses long which is used to request delivery (for a full list of these codes visit the Stratagem Codes page).
Every Stratagem has multiple upgrades which can be purchased using Research Points. Upgrades can greatly increase the efficiency and power of Stratagems by reducing cooldowns and call in times; improving anti-personnel attacks to anti-tank; as well as many other benefits.
There are several standard-issue Stratagems which are available to all Helldivers regardless of rank, such as Resupply and the MG-94 Machine Gun. Players can gain access to more by successfully completing all missions on a planet which offers a Stratagem as a reward or by purchasing one of the relevant DLC packs.
Each player can choose four Stratagems to bring on a mission in addition to any mission specific Stratagems granted by Helldiver Command - this is a crucial decision to be considered carefully as it is the Helldivers' greatest advantage over their foes.
Players should be aware that more than one of each Stratagem can be selected as part of their loadout.
Once the mission has begun the player is free to call down support at any time, however, as most Stratagems are single use or have a cooldown period that must be observed in-between uses, players are advised to plan ahead.
After the Helldiver has entered the correct code and placed the stratagem beacon at the desired location the Stratagem is delivered to the planet surface from a ship in orbit.
Categories[edit | edit source]
Stratagems are divided into four broad categories based on their intended use:
- Supply Stratagems can provide the player with personal drones, utility backpacks, supplies of ammunition, heavy weapons or vehicles;
- Defensive Stratagems grant the player certain automated turrets and mines to help defend against the enemy horde or even equipment that helps to avoid enemies altogether;
- Offensive Stratagems allow the player to call down a variety of heavy artillery, firebombs and airstrikes all designed to take the fight directly to the enemy;
- Special Stratagems are granted to the player by Helldiver Command to deal with certain mission specific problems. For example, the NUX-223 Hellbomb will always be made available for any mission which requires the destruction of a stationary enemy target (such as a Bug nest).
Note that the tables below are sortable by clicking on the headers.
* Item is part of a paid DLC pack.