SH-32 Directional Kinetic Shield
"A shield pack that projects a kinetically slowing shield in front of the user. The shield slows down projectiles and attacks, allowing Helldivers to take far more fire before having to get out of the way. Due to technical limitations, the shield covers only the front of the Helldiver. The SH-32 is part of the Entrenched equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem up to two times per mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The SH-32 Directional Kinetic Shield is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Entrenched Pack.
Detailed Stats[edit | edit source]
|w/ SH-32 (original)||100||-2||100||2||front||20||400||not shielded|
|w/ SH-32 (upgraded)||30||600|
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||Increases the durability of the shield.|
|Mk3||2||Number of uses per mission increased to 2.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The SH-32 is fully capable of blocking melee damage from most melee units in the game, as long as the player is facing the attackers directly and does not get surrounded.
- Be aware that it is much easier to block attacks from small enemy units with short reach (such as the Bug Scouts/Vanguards and Stalkers, Cyborg Grotesques, Illuminate Outcasts, etc.), while larger melee units with longer reaching attacks are able to do damage by "clipping through" the shield. This can be mitigated by moving backwards while firing.
- The SH-32 is able to reduce melee damage from Impaler tentacle attacks when facing it directly with the shield while standing at around 2/3 of the tentacle's full range.
- The SH-32 is able to reduce bayonet damage by half when facing it directly with the shield.
- The SH-32 will reduce (but not negate) incoming ranged damage from the following enemy attacks:
- While the SH-32 is not designed to protect against heavy ranged attacks such as the Cyborg IFV's cannon and the Illuminate Hunter's long range sniper-shot, it is possible to neutralize these attacks if the projectile hits you along your side and you angle the shield slightly away from it. Extreme precision is advised when attempting to do this.
- The SH-32 also does not protect against area-of-effect attacks such as the Cyborg Warlord's gauss-cannon. It will also not block damage from their melee attack.
- Equipping the SH-32 Directional Kinetic Shield allows players to walk through Anti-Personnel Barriers without sustaining any damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Blocking Hunter shots; proper positioning is key