"A ship in orbit picks the largest target in a very close proximity to the beacon and fires a high velocity railcannon round at the target's predicted position."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Railcannon Strike is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-high level planet - difficulty 7 to 9).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Railcannon Strike does have a small splash damage area of effect at the impact point, but the splash is rarely noticeable because it tends to strike large targets (such as large Bugs or Cyborg IFVs), whereby the splash radius will not extend beyond the edges of these large targets. However, if there are no large enemies present, it will target a smaller enemy, in which case small splash effect may beneficially kill several small enemies, or detrimentally incapacitate a Helldiver that is very near to the target.
- Consistently destroys Cyborg IFVs and Bug Tanks in a single shot, but Bug Behemoths sometimes survive with very little health left.
- The Railcannon Strike ignores any enemy armor, which means it can kill Illuminate Obelisks even in their "closed" state. This is one way of unlocking the Knock Knock, Who's There? Achievement/Trophy.
- Railcannon Strikes can destroy mission targets (Cyborg AA Guns, Bug Nests or Illuminate Beacons) instead of the standard-issue NUX-223 Hellbomb.
- It can be difficult to actually hit AA Guns or Beacons in the right place. Try to gently roll the beacon as close as possible to the base of the structure. In the case of Bug Nests, dropping the beacon inside the nest is reliable as long as there are no enemies nearby for the Railcannon to home in on.