RL-112 Recoilless Rifle
"A powerful multi-purpose recoilless rifle for taking out larger targets. The RL-112 is delivered with a backpack containing additional ammunition."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The RL-112 Recoilless Rifle is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a low level planet - difficulty 1 to 3).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers can carry up to 6 reloads for the Recoilless Rifle in the Support Kit backpack. Picking up a single ammo crate fully restocks the Support Kit. Each reload preps the RL-112 for a single shot; when used to reload the MLS-4X Commando, however, it will restore all of the missiles that weapon can carry (either 4 or 8).
- Reloading the Recoilless Rifle without assistance immobilizes the Helldiver for 5 seconds. If assisted by another player carrying a Support Kit, reloading takes 0.9 seconds.
|RL-112 Recoilless Rifle Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 1-3 planet|
|Weapon Category||Recoilless Rifle|
|Fire Mode||Single shot|
|Center Mass Damage||3500||3500|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||250||250|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||3.5 m||3.5 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||250||250|
|Direct Explosion Radius||0 m||0 m|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||-15||-15|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||60||60||Theoretical maximum RoF, but only with continued assisted reloads|
|Capacity||1||1||The Support Kit backpack carries 6 reloads of 1 missile each|
|Self-Reload Speed||5.0 s||5.0 s||Immobilized while self-reloading|
|Assisted Reload Speed||0.9 s||0.9 s||Can be reloaded while moving|
|Spread Increase per Shot||0°||0°|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Assisted Reload[edit | edit source]
|The RL-112 is delivered with a Support Kit backpack that is used for reloading either this weapon or the MLS-4X Commando. Helldivers can request an assisted reload from a teammate carrying a Support Kit by using the 'Reload' button (X on the PlayStation) while standing next to them.
This does not work, however, if the player needing an assisted reload is also carrying a Support Kit themselves. In this case, hitting 'Reload' will initiate the slow self-reload instead. Bear in mind that the player who needs a reload must have the Recoilless Rifle weapon in their hands for another to be able to assist.
The decrease in reload duration of over 80% means that taking advantage of this feature is extremely highly advised (as long as there are at least two Helldivers on the mission).
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Straightforward and extremely effective, the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle is the simplest and often the first anti-tank weapon a Helldiver will unlock. It is capable of destroying almost every enemy and objective in a single well-placed shot and can easily decimate groups of enemies, however due to its limited ammunition it should be reserved exclusively for anti-tank purposes.
- Whilst the Mk3 upgrade states that shots from any angle will be effective, shots from extremely shallow angles against Cyborg IFVs may still prove ineffective. The upgrade greatly relaxes the viable penetration impact angles, but is not a complete free pass to hit at any angle. Hellidivers should always aim for the center of the IFV to ensure maximum damage.
- The RL-112 Recoilless Rifle can be used in lieu of the NUX-223 Hellbomb to destroy mission objectives, such as Bug Hives, Cyborg AA and Illuminate Beacons. This may take a much longer time to accomplish without assisted reloads and leaves the user vulnerable between shots.
- The Recoilless Rifle's projectile appears to have travel time but is treated as a hitscan. There is no need to lead shots as the missile will immediately hit exactly where it is aimed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Recoilless Rifle is evidently too unwieldy to be used as a melee weapon. When carrying this weapon, Helldivers will perform a melee attack by striking enemies with their fist instead of the weapon itself. This is purely cosmetic however and attacks will deal the same damage as a regular melee attack.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|