"This is a very versatile repair tool capable of repairing damaged vehicles as well as mending flesh. Helldivers proficient with the REP-80 are much loved by their comrades; no one enjoys to die."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The REP-80 is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-low level planet - difficulty 4 to 6).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||The beam now chains, making it capable of healing multiple targets at the same time.|
|Mk3||2||Range of the beam is improved by 50% (from 12m to 18m).|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The REP-80 (or "repair gun") can neutralize effects such as a poison and prevent a player's otherwise inevitable death. It can also help up downed Helldivers and NPC Survivors from a distance.
- The healing beam is similar to that projected by the AD-289 Angel drone, but much, much more potent. It has a range of 12 meters (18 when upgraded to Mk3).
- The REP-80's beam can heal multiple targets (if upgraded to Mk2) at a rate of 300 Health per second; the Angel heals a single target at a rate of 20 Health per second and cannot be aimed manually, but does not require switching to the secondary weapon slot to use.
- The REP-80 is capable of repairing damaged vehicles and turrets, but it can't repair objectives.
- After taking too much damage, a Helldiver vehicle will shutdown and catch on fire, quickly draining its remaining bar, until it explodes. This is essentially the vehicle's Health value being depleted, and its remaining Constitution value naturally decaying (much in the same way a wounded Helldiver falls to the ground and bleeds). The REP-80 can reverse that state, by stopping the burning, restoring the vehicle's Constitution to full, and subsequently completely repairing its Health to its maximum value.
- Because the repair beam can split off to heal other nearby friendlies within a limited range, smart users will focus on a target with multiple other targets surrounding it.
- It's much easier to keep the beam locked onto stationary objects, such as turrets or non-moving vehicles rather than Helldivers which tend to move around quite a bit.
- The beam cannot penetrate Illuminate Obelisk walls, but it can stay active if the repair beam is already locked on to something prior to a wall forming.
- To prevent friendly fire incidents, always, always remember to check whether the REP-80 is actually equipped before attempting repairs.