"The REC-6 Satchel Charge is an explosive charge with a handle, capable of being remotely detonated using the reload action at the time of the wielder's choosing. The explosion is powerful enough to take out objectives and most heavily armored enemies. The REC-6 is part of the Demolitionist equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The REC-6 Demolisher is a DLC stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Demolitionist Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Using the 'Reload' action will detonate the charge, which can be done either while it is in mid-air or at any point after it has landed.
- REC-6 charges are linked to a single detonator included with the Hellpod they came in and cannot be used to detonate other charges. All active and linked charges will be detonated at once. A player cannot carry more than one batch of Demolishers at a time. If another batch is called down, picking it up will switch out the current batch and detonator for the new one.
|REC-6 'Demolisher' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Remotely-detonated satchel charge|
|Center Mass Damage||0||0|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||550||550|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||2.0 m||3.0 m†||† Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Direct Explosive Damage||2600||2600|
|Direct Explosion Radius||2.0 m||2.0 m|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||N/A||N/A||As fast as they can be thrown|
|Capacity||3||5*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||N/A||N/A||Single-use weapon|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||N/A|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The REC-6 Demolisher is a far less straightforward anti-tank weapon than either the EAT-17 or RL-112 Recoilless Rifle and plays both offensive and defensive roles equally well, requiring timing and planning ahead to use effectively. Charges are thrown much like grenades, allowing them to be lobbed over allies, cover, objectives, and enemies. Their ability to be remotely detonated also greatly lessens the danger of friendly fire and allows Helldivers to set up traps for incoming enemies. With all upgrades, the Demolisher has more utility and more uses than the EAT-17 in exchange for a longer cooldown.
- Demolishers can be used to set traps for patrols and incoming groups of enemies. While they can be detonated in mid-air, charges are much more effective and consistent against heavy enemies when detonated on the ground and close to the enemy's feet. This ensures maximum damage to enemies such as Cyborg IFVs, Hulks, Warlords or Bug Impalers, Tanks and Behemoths.
- Like the EAT-17, the Demolisher can be used to immobilize Cyborg IFVs without destroying them, although this is much easier to accomplish with the former. This can be used in a wide variety of situations, such as to stop them from disgorging groups of Grotesques or bulldozing an objective. Immobilizing an IFV that is not a direct threat to the current mission objective is often a better choice than outright destroying it as a new IFV will spawn in the same position or much closer more often than not.
- Heavy enemies such as Warlords that survive a Demolisher blast can usually be finished off by a few hits from a high damage weapon such as the P-6 Gunslinger, RX-1 Rail Gun, or M2016 Constitution. The Gunslinger is capable of putting out the highest DPS in the shortest amount of time and is the best suited for the finishing blow. Laser weapons with continuous beams such as the LAS-5 Scythe, or LAS-98 Laser Cannon can also finish off wounded Warlords if the beam is centered on the target. Incendiary weapons and the AC-3 Arc Thrower and AC-5 Arc Shotgun when fully charged will also suffice in a pinch.
- The Demolisher's Hellpod can be used as an improvised anti-tank weapon thanks to its ability to be called down an unlimited number of times. A well-timed drop can obliterate multiple heavy units at once and bringing multiples of this Stratagem greatly enhances its offensive and defensive power.
- While it is possible to have the Demolisher's Hellpod land on an AA Gun or Illuminate Beacon and crush it, this is an incredibly difficult and inconsistent method of destroying them.
- The Demolisher has some benefits and disadvantages when chosen over the EAT-17. Helldivers should consider the following when deciding on which to bring on a mission:
- Up to 5 charges are provided by a single calldown and can only be used by a single Helldiver compared to the two launchers provided by a single EAT-17 calldown.
- The Demolisher has a 50% longer cooldown compared to the EAT-17 (180 seconds vs 120 seconds).
- The Demolisher will disappear after 90 seconds if not picked up.
- The Demolisher requires proper positioning and accurate throwing to achieve the same results as an EAT-17 rocket and is far slower to use at a moment's notice.
- Unlike the EAT-17, the Demolisher is an indirect fire, remotely detonated explosive and has more tactical applications such as laying traps or targeting enemies behind cover.
- Thanks to its remote detonation, the risk of friendly fire is far less than the EAT-17 but the risk of collateral damage is far greater due to rolling or bouncing charges.
- It is possible to detonate Demolishers at any distance. The uses of this feature are only limited by its user's creativity.
- This stratagem can be used to destroy mission targets (Cyborg AA Guns, Bug Nests or Illuminate Beacons), instead of the standard-issue NUX‑223 Hellbomb. The charges must be rolled up to the base of the AA Gun or Beacon in order to damage these objectives. In the case of Bug Nests, detonating the charge in mid-air while it is flying over the nest or inside the nest will reliably destroy it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The REC-6 Demolisher was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The stratagem's cooldown was increased from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Due to a bug, if many charges are dropped on the ground, there is a possibility that some of them will not explode after pressing the 'Reload' action. Charges will not despawn and cannot explode anymore.
- If the player has equipped Resupply Pack and the 'empty' batch count will be shown as "0", you will be able to resupply directly from the Resupply Pack, even if the ammunition is full and weapons are fully loaded. This can be useful if you need to resupply grenades.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|