"The REC-6 Satchel Charge is an explosive charge with a handle, capable of being remotely detonated using the reload action at the time of the wielder's choosing. The explosion is powerful enough to take out objectives and most heavily armored enemies. The REC-6 is part of the Demolitionist equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The REC-6 Demolisher is a DLC stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Demolitionist Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Using the 'Reload' action will detonate the charge, which can be done either while it is in mid-air or at any point after it has landed.
- A player can not carry more than one specific batch of Demolishers at a time. If another batch is called down, picking that up will switch out one batch for the other.
- Only the batch of Demolishers currently carried can be exploded with the 'Reload' command. If all charges in the batch have been thrown but not yet detonated, the 'empty' batch (showing a count of "0") can still be picked up and detonated, after which it will disapper.
- Demolishers that are called down and not collected will disappear in slightly under a minute if left undisturbed. Demolishers that are dropped on the ground will despawn after a little over 90 seconds. In contrast, EAT-17 expendable anti-tank weapons never disappear.
|REC-6 'Demolisher' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Remotely-detonated satchel charge|
|Center Mass Damage||0||0|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||550||550|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||2.0 m||3.0 m†||† Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Direct Explosive Damage||2600||2600|
|Direct Explosion Radius||2.0 m||2.0 m|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||N/A||N/A||As fast as they can be thrown|
|Capacity||3||5*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||N/A||N/A||Single-use weapon|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Against heavily armored enemies such as Cyborg IFVs, Hulks, Warlords or Bug Impalers, Tanks and Behemoths, Demolishers are much more effective when detonated on the ground rather than in mid-air. IFVs can be one-shotted by detonating the Demolisher if rolled onto the vehicle's hull (especially near its turret) or if dropped right next to the rear hatch of the vehicle.
- The Demolisher can be used to immobilize Cyborg IFVs without destroying them, although the EAT-17 is more reliable at this. This can be used in a wide variety of situations, such as to stop them from disgorging groups of Grotesques. Immobilizing an IFV that is not a direct threat to the current mission objective can be better than destroying it, as that will often immediately cause a new IFV to be spawned (possibly in a much less convenient location).
- An advantage the Demolisher shares with the EAT-17 is that they are disposable secondary weapon stratagems. Because they can be called in again and again, these weapons can be shared between multiple players; this also reduces the setback of falling down a ravine and losing your anti-tank weapon permanently.
- Cyborg Warlords can be destroyed by lobbing two Demolishers at them. However, to save your chargers, consider using just a single one, then finishing off the Warlord with a few hits from a non-AT weapon – hit them straight in the chest at a right angle. The following work:
- High damage projectiles: P-6 Gunslinger, LHO-63 Camper, RX-1 Rail Gun, M2016 Constitution, AC-22 Dum-Dum. Out of these, the Gunslinger is capable of putting out the highest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time.
- Plasma weapons: PLAS-3 Singe, PLAS-1 Scorcher. The Singe has more range and slightly higher damage; the Scorcher sets the target on fire for extra damage over time, regardless of whether the projectile itself punches through the target's armor.
- Laser weapons with continuous beams: LAS-5 Scythe, LAS-12 Tanto, LAS-98 Laser Cannon. Keeping the beam focused on the center mass of the target at a right angle will greatly increase damage output and may be necessary to deal any damage at all. Watch for blue sparks appearing on the target as these are a sign that you're not getting through its armor.
- Arc weapons: AC-3 Arc Thrower, AC-5 Arc Shotgun. These always hit the front armor location if the target has one, which in the case of Warlords is their weak spot. They do need a sufficient amount of charge, otherwise the damage will be too low to penetrate the Warlord's armor.
- Explosive weapons: Grenades, Incendiary Grenades, Obliterator Grenade Launcher. The latter two also set fire to the target.
- This stratagem can be used to destroy mission targets (Cyborg AA Guns, Bug Nests or Illuminate Beacons), instead of the standard-issue NUX‑223 Hellbomb. The charges must be rolled up to the very base of the AA Gun or Beacon, or they will do no damage. In the case of Bug Nests, however, detonating the charge in mid-air while it is flying over the nest, or inside the nest will reliably destroy it.
- It is possible to detonate Demolishers at any distance. This makes it possible to throw the charges into the nests (or AA-guns), move on, and keep using the Hellbomb (or, in single-player, gain a respawn at will). Obviously, this can go wrong – If left on the ground too long, the Demolisher-pack may despawn along with the placed Demolishers, or one charge may have been placed poorly, not destroying the nest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The REC-6 Demolisher was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The stratagem's cooldown was increased from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Due to a bug, if many charges are dropped on the ground, there is a possibility that some of them will not explode after pressing the 'Reload' action. Charges will not despawn and cannot explode anymore.
- If the player has equipped Resupply Pack and the 'empty' batch count will be shown as "0", you will be able to resupply directly from the Resupply Pack, even if the ammunition is full and weapons are fully loaded, extremely useful when you want to resupply grenades.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|