"Exchanges your standard Helldiver sidearm with a Plasma pistol. Plasma weapons fire superheated gas that explodes when it hits something. This makes them less ideal for close range but very powerful against crowds. Part of the Pistol Pack."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The PLAS-3 Singe is part of the Pistols Pack and is unlocked by purchasing the respective DLC. Unlike normal weapons, it has no rank requirement to unlock and must be selected from the Perks menu at the mission loadout screen. The PLAS-3 'Singe' has no upgrade path due to its status as a Perk weapon, but it comes with extended range, higher base damage and a faster rate of fire compared to its larger counterpart.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start with 4 cartridges of ionized gas and can carry up to a maximum 6. Each magazine contains 8 bolts worth of gas. If 2 or less bolts remain in the magazine when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- The Singe has a 2.5 second reload time and has no tactical reload due to using fixed capacity gas cartridges. As a result, no extra fuel is carried over between cartridges if the user reloads early.
|PLAS-3 'Singe' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via Pistol Pack DLC|
|Center Mass Damage||350|
|Explosive Direct Damage||0|
|Explosion Radius||2 m|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||408|
|Reload Speed||2.5 s||No tactical reload|
|Spread Increase per Shot||0.3°|
|Max Range||20 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Singe is automatically drawn in place of the Peacemaker when carrying objectives such as the Black Box, Illuminate Power Core or Artillery shells, or when mortally wounded. Keep in mind that you must manually switch back to your primary or stratagem weapon after dropping equipment or after recovering from being downed (only if you used the Singe while downed).
- Contrary to its description in the armory, the Singe can be freely fired at point blank around a downed player without damaging them due to them being effectively prone. Thus the Singe can be used to safely kill enemies swarming around a downed Helldiver, making rescue or recovery much safer for both parties.
- The Singe performs drastically different when compared to its larger counterpart: it deals slightly more damage per shot, boasts a 33% higher rate of fire, holds 2 less bolts than its un-upgraded cousin, and its bolts travel further before they self-detonate. However, it is not capable of igniting its targets.
- Singe bolts deal both direct damage and splash damage in an area around the point of impact and will detonate at a set distance if there is nothing in their path, giving it limited indirect fire capability. This allows the Singe to deal with both clusters of enemies and enemies around cover. Try to hit the innermost member of mobs if possible to maximize ammo efficiency. If enemies are not conveniently grouped, consider shooting at an obstacle between or near them to catch as many targets in the explosion as possible. Also consider making use of the fixed-distance the Singe's bolts explode at to center a blast between two enemies that would otherwise require more than one shot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Singe appears to lack a model for used cartridges when reloading, humorously making the Helldiver appear to hit the back of their weapon a few times in order to reload it.
- The design of the PLAS-1 Scorcher plasma rifle and the Singe, its pistol counterpart, bears a strong resemblance to that of the plasma guns and pistols in Games Workshop's tabletop game Warhammer 40,000 and its spin-offs.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|