Obliterator Grenade Launcher
"The indirect fire grenade launcher fires impact-detonated rifle grenades at a high rate of fire. Is especially useful in tight spaces where there is a need to fire above teammates."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Obliterator Grenade Launcher is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-low level planet - difficulty 4 to 6).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 4 magazines, and can carry up to 8, and each magazine contains 6 grenades (8 when upgraded). If a magazine contains 2 or less grenades when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- Reload time for a fully emptied magazine is 3 seconds; if reloaded while there are still grenades in the magazine, this drops to 2.15 seconds. The Obliterator is not capable of retaining an extra grenade in the chamber, but if the reload process is interrupted, it will leave the user with a single grenade in the magazine.
|'Obliterator' Grenade Launcher Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 4-6 planet|
|Weapon Category||Grenade Launcher|
|Fire Mode||Full-auto, indirect fire|
|Center Mass Damage||0||0|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||250||250|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||3.5 m||3.5 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||600||600|
|Direct Explosion Radius||2.5 m||2.5 m|
|Status Effect||None||Heavy Burn*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Fire Damage/sec||N/A||100/s*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Effect Duration||N/A||2 s*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||120||120|
|Capacity||6||8†||† Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Empty Reload Speed||3.0 s||3.0 s||Can reload while moving|
|Tactical Reload Speed||2.15 s||2.15 s||Can reload while moving; does not chamber a round; single round remains if reload is canceled|
|Spread Increase per Shot||todo||todo|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the regular grenades every Helldiver carries, this weapon is not capable of damaging Cyborg IFVs or destroying mission objectives.
- With the Phosphorus Grenades upgrade, the Obliterator's grenades will set fire to everything caught in their blast, dealing fire damage over time.
- Each grenade fired from the Obliterator is a physical object in the game-world that can collide with various other objects, causing them to explode on contact. Standing too close to walls, trees and other pieces of terrain, as well as other players, can cause the Obliterator's projectiles to explode instantly, killing the user and any other player or NPC within effective range in the process. Players or NPCs who survive the initial blast can suffer from the Obliterator's Incendiary effects, if the appropriate upgrade has been bought for the weapon.
- Other causes for the projectiles to explode mid-air include (but are not limited to): being detonated by enemy fire (specifically Cyborg IFV's main battle-cannon and Warlord's gauss-cannon), colliding with ejected shells from friendly SG-225 Breaker shotgun-fire, and airborne players using the LIFT-850 Jump Pack (although airborne Lift-users remain unaffected from the explosion and resulting status effects).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|