The Obelisk is a heavily armored and shielded dome capable of self teleportation and projecting a strong energy wall. The wall itself allows other Illuminates to pass through but stops everything else. Fortunately the Obelisk exposes its core when projecting the wall and the only defence remaining is the shield.
|Wall Spawning||9999||n/a||n/a||ignores armor and shields|
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Predominately found on medium to high level planets, Obelisks teleport onto the battlefield alone wherever Observers or Watchers have raised an alarm to warn of a Helldiver's presence.
- After spawning, Obelisks will project an energy wall at the nearest player or piece of equipment (such as a M5-32 HAV) - this is a powerful attack which will instantly kill or destroy anything in its path which happens to be moving though the path at the time.
- Stationary players or equipment will still be targeted by the Obelisk but the energy wall will stop short and do no damage. As a rule of thumb; if the wall fully intersects the target, it will be destroyed; if not, it will be safe (though possibly take some damage). The energy wall will also destroy (or kill) any Illuminate forces that happen to be standing in the way when it is created, though this is usually a fairly rare occurrence.
- The wall also blocks player movement and weapons fire while still allowing Illuminate forces to move through and attack Helldivers, though Hunters cannot shoot through the wall. Survivors can move through an Obelisk's wall freely as well.
- The LIFT-850 Jump Pack allows players to leap over the Obelisk's energy wall. Indirect fire (such as grenades, Stratagem Beacons, and the Obliterator Grenade Launcher/A/GL-8 Launcher Turret's projectiles may also be thrown or fired over the wall.
- Obelisks have extremely thick armor which even many anti-tank weapons cannot pierce – e.g. the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle's shots bounce off the armour, while the fire-effect from Incendiary Grenades can still kill the Obelisk. Fortunately this armor is dropped whenever the Obelisk projects its energy wall – this exposes the shielded core of the enemy, which players can target with conventional weapons. However, if Helldivers don't destroy the core quickly enough, the Obelisk will raise its armor again and potentially teleport to another location.
- An active Displacement Field Perk, which is indicated by a golden halo, will save a Helldiver if they happen to be caught in an Obelisk's wall when it materializes.
Notes[edit | edit source]