"The 4X Missile Launcher System is a shoulder carried, multiple missile system. It launches four heat seeking missiles that try to home in on targets and eliminate them. The MLS-4X is part of the Commando equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The MLS-4X Commando is a DLC weapon, available at any rank to those who purchase the Commando Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers can carry up to 6 additional loads for the Commando in the Support Kit backpack. Picking up a single ammo crate fully restocks the Support Kit. Each reload contains 4 missiles (8 if used to reload the Mk2 Commando). If the weapon is fired with 2 or less missiles remaining, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- Reloading the Commando without assistance immobilizes the Helldiver for 5 seconds. If assisted by another player carrying a Support Kit, reloading takes 0.9 seconds.
- The Commando can be reloaded without firing all of its missiles. Keep an eye on the amount of missiles left in the MLS-4X of the person you are carrying the support kit for. Reloading the Commando when it still has most of its missiles left wastes ammunition.
|MLS-4X 'Commando' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Homing Missile Launcher|
|Center Mass Damage||0||0|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||250||250|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||2.5 m||2.5 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||600||1700*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Direct Explosion Radius||1.5 m||1.0 m*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||165||165||Theoretical maximum RoF, but only with continued assisted reloads|
|Capacity||4||8†||† Requires Mk2 upgrade; the Support Kit backpack carries 6 full reloads|
|Self-Reload Speed||5.0 s||5.0 s||Immobilized while self-reloading|
|Assisted Reload Speed||0.9 s||0.9 s||Can be reloaded while moving|
|Spread Increase per Shot||todo||todo|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Assisted Reload[edit | edit source]
|The MLS-4X is delivered with a Support Kit backpack that is used for reloading either this weapon or the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle. Helldivers can request an assisted reload from a teammate carrying a Support Kit by using the 'Reload' button (X on the PlayStation) while standing next to them.
This does not work, however, if the player needing an assisted reload is also carrying a Support Kit themselves. In this case, hitting 'Reload' will initiate the slow self-reload instead. Bear in mind that the player who needs a reload must have the MLS-4X weapon in their hands for another to be able to assist.
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The MLS-4X Commando is one of the most versatile man-portable anti-tank weapons available to Helldivers when fully upgraded. It can easily fill an anti-personnel role or anti-tank and like the Obliterator Grenade Launcher it is capable of indirect fire, allowing Helldivers to attack from behind cover in relative safety. Its main selling points are its guided anti-tank missiles and the extreme flexibility and mobility it offers when combined with Melee Assisted Movement, capable of destroying everything from Bug Behemoths to Cyborg IFVs and even objectives such as Bug Nests with proper positioning. The Commando has a steep learning curve and it takes practice, positioning, and some luck to get the missiles to hit their intended targets. Consider taking the launcher to a low difficulty mission to familiarize yourself with its quirks and tracking behaviour.
- Missiles fired from the Commando have a minimum distance to travel before they hit the ground or enemies. This distance is roughly two times the distance of a dodge maneuver with a lock-on and three without a lock. Missiles can make a 180° turn in roughly 1.5x the distance of a dodge perpendicular to their initial trajectory. Additionally, the Commando will prioritize the closest foot soldiers over vehicles and most heavy units in most cases; consider destroying smaller targets using primary weapons or other Stratagems to minimize wasted ammunition. Memorizing these patterns is paramount to allow Helldivers to consistently hit their targets.
- Upgrading the Commando to Mk3 makes its missiles anti-tank capable. While this allows it to destroy mission objectives such as Cyborg AA Guns, Illuminate Beacons or Bug Nests, this requires extremely precise positioning and no visible targets as the missiles will only lock on to enemies.
- As the Commando prefers to target the closest hostile, it can easily kill fellow divers (or the user themselves) if a missile should loop back to hit an enemy immediately in front of them.
- Reloading the Commando without an assist will completely immobilize Helldivers for the duration of the reload. Helldivers can cancel the reload prematurely by changing weapons or diving to prone to avoid harm or stop an improperly timed reload.
- The Commando is the only Stratagem weapon that does not discard ammo with a tactical reload (this applies to self-reloads only). Any missiles remaining in the launcher can still be used if the reload is canceled.
- Reloading the Commando will always take one load from a Support Kit regardless of how many missiles have been fired. Helldivers are encouraged to fire all remaining missiles before reloading in order to not waste Support Kit munitions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Commando is evidently too unwieldy to be used as a melee weapon. When carrying this weapon, Helldivers will perform any melee attacks by striking enemies with their fist instead of the weapon itself. This is purely cosmetic however and attacks will deal the same damage as a regular melee attack.
- The MLS-4X Commando is based on the similarly boxy "M202 FLASH" missile launcher, famously used by Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the 1985 action film Commando.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|