"The 4X Missile Launcher System is a shoulder carried, multiple missile system. It launches four heat seeking missiles that try to home in on targets and eliminate them. The MLS-4X is part of the Commando equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The MLS-4X Commando is a DLC weapon, available at any rank to those who purchase the Commando Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers can carry up to 6 reloads for the Commando in the Support Kit backpack. Picking up a single ammo crate fully restocks the Support Kit. Each reload contains 4 missiles (8 if used to reload the Mk2 Commando). If the weapon is fired with 2 or less missiles remaining, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- Reloading the Commando without assistance immobilizes the Helldiver for 5 seconds. If assisted by another player carrying a Support Kit, reloading takes 0.9 seconds.
- The Commando can be reloaded without firing all of its missiles. Keep an eye on the amount of missiles left in the MLS-4X of the person you are carrying the support kit for. Reloading the Commando when it still has most of its missiles left wastes ammunition.
|MLS-4X 'Commando' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Weapon Category||Homing Missile Launcher|
|Center Mass Damage||0||0|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||250||250|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||2.5 m||2.5 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||600||1700*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Direct Explosion Radius||1.5 m||1.0 m*||* Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||165||165||Theoretical maximum RoF, but only with continued assisted reloads|
|Capacity||4||8†||† Requires Mk2 upgrade; the Support Kit backpack carries 6 full reloads|
|Self-Reload Speed||5.0 s||5.0 s||Immobilized while self-reloading|
|Assisted Reload Speed||0.9 s||0.9 s||Can be reloaded while moving|
|Spread Increase per Shot||todo||todo|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Assisted Reload[edit | edit source]
|The MLS-4X is delivered with a Support Kit backpack that is used for reloading either this weapon or the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle. Helldivers can request an assisted reload from a teammate carrying a Support Kit by using the 'Reload' button (X on the PlayStation) while standing next to them.
This does not work, however, if the player needing an assisted reload is also carrying a Support Kit themselves. In this case, hitting 'Reload' will initiate the slow self-reload instead. Bear in mind that the player who needs a reload must have the MLS-4X weapon in their hands for another to be able to assist.
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Commando's missiles are quite agile, and can make 180° turns with ease. As they prefer to target the closest hostile, this can easily cause friendly-fire situations if a missile should loop back to hit a scout immediately in front of a teammate.
- Upgrading the Commando to Mk3 makes its missiles anti-tank capable. While this could, in theory, destroy mission objectives such as Cyborg AA Guns, Illuminate Beacons or Bug Nests, this requires extreme skill as the missiles only home in on enemies.
- The Commando is the only secondary weapon that does NOT discard ammo when reloading (applies to self-reloads only). Any left-over missiles remaining in the launcher can still be used when the reload-animation is canceled.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Commando is too unwieldy to be used as a melee weapon. When carrying this weapon, Helldivers will perform any melee attacks with their left fist, instead of striking enemies with the weapon itself.
- The MLS-4X Commando is a nod to the similarly boxy "M202 FLASH" missile launcher used by Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the 1985 action film Commando.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|