MGX-42 Machine Gun
"The MGX-42 is a magazineless, one-use, disposable machine gun designed to be discarded after having fired its ammunition. The 300 rounds of caseless ammunition are stacked in the multiple barrels and fired electronically making the weapon almost void of mechanical parts and cheap to manufacture."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The MGX-42 Machine Gun is unlocked by completing a level 13 Bug planet.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||3||This upgraded version has an improved fire rate.|
|Mk3||5||This upgraded version has tighter packed charges allowing for more ammunition.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The base version has a 300-round capacity (400 when fully upgraded).
- When emptied, the MG-42X will be automatically discarded by the Helldiver using it. It cannot be reloaded.
|MGX-42 Machine Gun Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 13 Bug planet|
|Weapon Category||Machine Gun|
|Fire Mode||Full-auto (Disposable)|
|Center Mass Damage||110||110|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||1300||1800*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Capacity||300||400†||† Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||N/A||N/A||Disposable weapon|
|Min Spread||2°||2°||Starts with Max Spread|
|Max Spread||6°||6°||Starts with Max Spread|
|Spread Increase per Shot||-0.40°||-0.40°||Becomes more accurate with sustained fire|
|Max Range||30 m||30 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The MGX-42 is unusual compared to most weapons in that its accuracy starts out low but increases during prolonged firing, rather than starting accurate and decaying. In this way, it is similar to the lower-caliber MG-105 Stalwart light machine gun and the MG-94 Machine Gun support weapon.
- Unlike the fully-upgraded MG-94, the MGX-42 cannot be fired on the move.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The MGX-42 was introduced in the free content update A New Hell, released on Liberty Day 2018.
- During beta testing for the new update, the MGX-42 was codenamed the "Storm". This is likely a reference to the US military's "Metal Storm" weapon.
- MGX-42 lacks yellow contours around it.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|