MG-94 Machine Gun
"The MG-94 is a rapid-fire machine gun used to achieve fire superiority. On average, it is about as powerful as an assault rifle but with a substantially larger magazine."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The MG-94 Machine Gun is a standard-issue Stratagem, available to all Helldivers regardless of rank.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||With a greater magazine and a muzzle brake, the machine gun's role as fire superiority is enhanced. Increases the number of rounds in the magazine from 150 to 250 and improves stability.|
|Mk3||2||This lightweight materials upgrade allows the user to move while aiming and firing. This upgrade requires the LAS-98 Laser Cannon Mk2.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 2 magazines of ammunition, and can carry up to 3. Each magazine contains 150 rounds (250 when upgraded to Mk2). Ammunition crates replenish 2 magazines.
- Reload time is always 5 seconds. Reloading the MG-94 before the clip is emptied provides no additional benefit.
- Reloading immobilizes the Helldiver for its duration.
|MG-94 Machine Gun Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1|
|Weapon Category||Machine Gun|
|Center Mass Damage||110||110|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||1020||1020|
|Capacity||150||250†||† Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Starting Mags||2||2||Ammunition crates replenish 2 magazines.|
|Max Mags||3||3||Ammunition crates replenish 2 magazines|
|Reload Speed||5.0 s||5.0 s||Has no tactical reload; immobilized while reloading|
|Min Spread||3°||2°*||Starts with Max Spread; * Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Max Spread||10°||8°*||Starts with Max Spread; * Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Spread Increase per Shot||-0.70°||-0.75°*||Becomes more accurate with sustained fire; * Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Max Range||30 m||30 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The MG-94 is the bread and butter support weapon of all Helldivers and available regardless of rank. It is capable of dishing out a massive amount of anti-personnel damage and quickly mowing down scouts and light troops but it is completely ineffective against armored enemies and vehicles. It is best used in place of a primary weapon and paired with a utility-focused weapon such as the RX-1 Rail Gun or AR-14D Paragon to make up for their limited ammunition and slower rate of fire.
- The MG-94 is unusual compared to most ballistic weapons in that its accuracy starts out low but increases during prolonged firing, rather than starting accurate and decaying. In this way, it is similar to the lower-caliber MG-105 Stalwart light machine gun or the more powerful, disposable MGX-42 Machine Gun.
- Unlike the MG-105, the MG-94 cannot be fired on the move unless it is upgraded to Mk3 and reloading completely immobilizes Helldivers for the duration of the reload. Helldivers can cancel the reload prematurely by changing weapons or diving to prone to avoid harm or stop an improperly timed reload.
- Machine guns mounted on vehicles (specifically the M5 APC, M5-32 HAV, TD-110 Bastion and MC-109 Hammer) have a 50% faster rate of fire than the Helldiver-portable MG-94.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The MG-94 is likely based on the FN MAG, officially adopted as the L7A2 as the British Army's standard general purpose machine gun commonly used in two-man firing teams in machine gun platoons and mounted on most ground vehicles.
- The MG-94 Machine Gun was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The weapon now receives 2 magazines instead of 1, upon ammo pick up.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|