"This shotgun-like weapon is a further development on the laser carbine technology, allowing for a virtually ammunition independent weapon. Suitable for when you want an easier time hitting your target."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The LAS-13 Trident was given for free to all players regardless of rank on 3rd March 2016 to celebrate the one year anniversary of HELLDIVERS' release. It is unlocked by default for new recruits so long as the latest version of the game is used.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Adds another emergency heat dump canister to the weapon, increasing how much heat can be absorbed before an emergency dump is triggered.
- Increased heat sink capacity improves the cooling rate of the weapon while also increasing the time window for sustained fire.
- Replacing standard capacitors with high-speed, heavy duty models and replaces the standard beam-splitting prism with a modified version, allowing for twice as many beams per pulse as the basic model but with reduced power per beam. Increases beam count to 6, reduces damage per beam by ~15% to 40% depending on hit location.
Laser Rate of Fire
- Replaces the weapon's capacitors with higher-speed, ultra heavy duty prototype models, allowing for a much lower delay between pulses without sacrificing reliability. Increases rate of fire.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start missions with 2 heat dump canisters and can carry up to a maximum of 4.
- The Trident takes 3 seconds to replace its heat dump canisters, although this is only necessary if the weapon overheats. This process cannot be sped up by any means.
|LAS-13 'Trident' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked as part of the HELLDIVERS anniversary celebration|
|Damage||90||55†||Per beam, † Requires Laser Splitter upgrade|
|Center Mass Damage||120||100†||Per beam, † Requires Laser Splitter upgrade|
|# of Projectiles||3||6†||† Requires Laser Splitter upgrade|
|Heat Capacity||400||480*||* Requires Heat Capacity upgrade|
|Heat Generation (per pulse)||32||32|
|Cooldown Rate||120/s||140/s¤||¤ Requires Heat Sink upgrade|
|Cooldown Delay||0.15 s||0.15 s||Time before weapon begins to cool after firing|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||252||300‡||‡ Requires Laser Rate of Fire upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||No tactical reload|
|Spread||17.2°||17.2°||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||20 m||20 m|
|Beam Spread Simulation||todo|
|Aim + Movement Speed Mod||todo||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Trident is arguably one of the more effective tools in the game for suppressing both enemy patrols and mobs, thanks to its huge firing cone, infinite ammo, and decent damage per pulse. These traits allow it to keep an entire quadrant of the playing field saturated with laser fire indefinitely (so long as heat buildup is managed). However, it is the single most expensive weapon in the game to fully upgrade and tends to only be average in all its stats compared to ballistic weapons, and even among other laser weapons. It is best used at close-to-mid-range when dealing with anything more durable than faction patrol units as both its spread and extremely weak off-center damage limit its effectiveness at range.
- While sharing the same pulsed firing mode as the LAS-16 Sickle, the Trident is the only laser weapon that has both a short delay after firing before it starts to cool, and a considerably slower cooling rate. Helldivers are advised to fire single shots at a slower rate of fire than full-auto in order to ensure enough firing time remains for emergency use.
- The Trident has wildly inconsistent spread and range, more so than almost any other weapon, and limited damage potential at any range beyond bayonet distance. For this reason it is best reserved for close quarters fighting or taking out the weakest enemies at range such as Illuminate Observers and Watchers, and Bug Scouts and Vanguards. Memorizing where the edges of the Trident's spread pattern are will greatly reduce the risk and occurrence of friendly fire; failing this, Helldivers should always reposition for a better shot whenever in doubt.
- The Trident synergizes extremely well with damage-mitigating Perks and Stratagems such as the MD-99 Autoinjector, SH-20 Shield Generator, and SH-32 Directional Shield due to the extra survivability they offer at close range, allowing Helldivers to easily mow down entire groups of enemies in short order without needing to worry as much about ammo usage or taking too much damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The LAS-13 Trident was re-balanced in Patch 5.00. The weapon now deals less damage and will usually not kill other players in one hit. Usually.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|