Swap standard grenades for incendiary grenades that leave a fire behind after detonation.
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Incendiary Grenades unlock at rank 17 (Commodore).
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
|Incendiary Grenade Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 17|
|Weapon Category||Explosive; incendiary|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||64|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||5.0 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||64|
|Direct Explosion Radius||4.0 m|
|Status Effects||Heavy Burn; Napalm Area|
|Effect Duration||2 s|
|Napalm Area Radius||3.0 m||Applies to both anti-personnel and direct damaging radius.|
|Napalm Area Damage||32||Per pulse; causes Heavy Burn. Applies to both anti-personnel and direct damaging radius.|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0|
|Capacity||2||Picking up an ammo crate gives up to 2 grenades.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Incendiary Grenades' fire burns similarly to that of the Incendiary Bombs stratagem, but covers a smaller, circular area.
- Many enemies will not walk through the fire and will try to find a path around it, making this useful for area denial. If they can't see a path, they'll usually hang back until the fire burns itself out. However, heavier foes aren't particularly intimidated by the flames and will march or drive right through.
- Despite the smaller area, the incendiary effect is still large enough to block narrow paths. Throwing both grenades can be used to create a small wall, useful even in an open area.
- Enemy patrols can still spot you through the fire.
- Even a single grenade can be succesfully used to destroy shielded Illuminate infantry units, such as the Strider. While the shield would absorb the single blast of a standard grenade, the fire deals damage in several "hits", able to deshield the target before setting it on fire.
- This does, however, rely on the target being in the middle of the blast-radius. If the target is too far, the fire will be unable to whittle down the target's shield before it leaves the area of effect.
- Because Incendiary Grenades deploy faster than Incendiary Bombs, they can be used as a backup anti-armour weapon. However, even when using both Incendiaries, the damage is too low to kill an undamaged Bug Tank.
- Even Cyborg Warlords can be set on fire dealing damage over time.
- It is recommended to keep the Tank within the fire to maximize damage.
- The napalm-effect is one of the few things that can damage closed Illuminate Obelisks
- While Cyborg IFVs receive no damaging effects from fire (Incendiary Grenades or otherwise), it can be used to impair their movement.