Illusionists are highly revered among the Squ'ith and have the ability to control other sentient beings with nanobot technology. Frontline soldiers have reported hallucinations, an ill-will to fight and general apathy when fighting these perverse witches.
Furthermore, these beings have a shield device similar to that of Tripods that protect the Illusionist.
The mind-altering orbs fired by the Illusionist can be destroyed by dealing 60 damage to them.
|Orb Bomb 1||n/a||n/a||no||explosive|
|Orb Bomb 1||3.0||40||1.0||40||no||no||no||short confuse|
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Predominately found on medium to high level planets, Illusionists teleport onto the battlefield alone wherever Observers or Watchers have raised an alarm to warn of a Helldiver's presence.
- After spawning, Illusionists will engage players in combat by launching homing projectiles at them, two or three of which are enough to down a Helldiver. These orbs detonate after a short time if they don't hit anything, causing all players caught in the blast area to have their controls temporarily reversed. Walking, aiming and even the input of stratagem codes are affected.
- Players can target the orbs with weapons fire to get rid of them. Fire from Incendiary Bombs or the Incendiary Grenades Perk will destroy the projectiles on contact and makes for an effective temporary barrier.
- The projectiles tend to curve back if dodged (which can be done by quick footwork, engaging the LIFT-850 Jump Pack or by going prone). Using the SH-20 Shield Generator Pack makes Helldivers immune to the control reversing effect of the Illusionist's attacks.
- Illusionists can only withstand a moderate amount of punishment and are normally fairly slow, however, they will teleport out of the line of fire after receiving some damage and their projectile attacks absorb some of the weapons fire intended for them. This, combined with their control reversal attacks, can make them a dangerous and resilient foe.
- As long as their shield is up, Illusionists are immune to:
- Incendiary weapons and stratagems (like the FLAM-40 Incinerator) will ignite Illusionists once their shields are depleted, prevent them from teleporting as long as they are burning.
Notes[edit | edit source]