Humblebee UAV drone
"The 'Humblebee' UAV drone provides the Helldivers with eyes in the sky, increasing the area where it is possible to detect patrols. The UAV will follow the Helldivers until it runs out of fuel and has to leave the area. The 'Humblebee' UAV drone is part of the Ranger equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Humblebee UAV drone is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Ranger Pack (available for free as part of a limited edition Helldivers bundle until 28th April 2015, now available as a paid DLC).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||The drone can now detect hidden objectives.|
|Mk3||2||The drone can now detect samples.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The 'Humblebee' UAV drone greatly increases the area in which it is possible to detect patrols. It's also much faster at detecting them, decreasing the amount of time Helldivers have to spend watching the map.
- Stratagem duration is 70 seconds; while the drone leaves after 60 seconds, you continue to experience the effects for a further 10 seconds thereafter. Cooldown time with Stratagem Priority is reduced from 90 to 54 seconds, allowing Helldivers to keep UAV drones in the air continuously.
- When upgraded to Mk2, the Humblebee will locate hidden objectives and when fully upgraded to Mk3, it can even show the location of samples within its scanning radius. Samples are essential for upgrading the Helldiver's equipment in the form of Research Points; therefore, it is well worth investing getting the Humblebee to Mk3 early on to make sure you get the most out of your missions.
Alternatives to the Humblebee[edit | edit source]
Some objectives may require you to search an area to locate them, with the size of the area varying from mission to mission, though the Humblebee UAV can reveal the location of objectives when upgraded. There are two other ways to locate hidden objectives without using the drone:
- Use your map to locate a group of patrols. If you see a clump of red dots, there is a good chance there's an objective nearby. This requires some degree of stealth on the part of the Helldiver attempting it, as triggering an alarm will quickly fill the map with more red dots than a Predator rave party.
- Some terrain elements (specific rock formations, volcanoes) tend to spawn in predictable configurations with specific objectives. For example, large clusters of Bug Nests will often be hidden near a long, vertical mountain ridge.