Heavy Strafing Run
"An Eagle fighter jet armed with a 25mm chaingun strafes the area. The heavy rounds explode on impact, making it far more potent than the regular Strafing Run. This comes with the trade-off of a longer time between engagements, as the fighter has to swing wide and accelerate to compensate for recoil."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Heavy Strafing Run is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a high level planet - difficulty 10 to 11).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Heavy Strafing Run always hits perpendicular to the direction of the throw.
- This stratagem is not anti-tank capable, unlike Close Air Support. However, it will make short work of bullet-sponge type enemies, such as Cyborg Butchers or Bug Brood Commanders. It is devastating against Illuminate units of any kind.
- Precision Call-In reduces this stratagem's activation time to the game's allowed a minimum of 0.1 seconds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Liberating some dirt with a heavy strafing run
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Heavy Strafing Run was released to players, for free, on Liberty Day (October 26th, 2017) along with the A/GL-8 Launcher Turret and the Thunderer Smoke Round stratagems.
- Due to a bug, any Helldiver deaths caused by the Heavy Strafing Run do not count towards the total amount of accidentals.