"A compact flamethrower capable of projecting Napalm flames several meters. Enemies hit with this weapon will start to burn. The flames can ignite fellow Helldivers as well."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The FLAM-40 Incinerator is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a low level planet - difficulty 1 to 3).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||A high-pressure tank allows a greater amount of fuel. Fuel capacity per magazine increased from 110 to 150.|
|Mk3||3||A pre-igniter step allows for more damage while flaming a target.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 3 tanks of Incinerator fuel, and can carry a maximum of 6. Each tank holds 110 units of flamer fuel (150 when upgraded to Mk2). A 'low ammunition' warning sound will play when the weapon is fired with less than 30 units of fuel remaining in the tank (40 if upgraded to Mk2).
- As this weapon does not use projectiles, it cannot retain a round in the chamber. Reload time is always 3 seconds, whether the tank is emptied or not.
- Unlike some bulkier support weapons, the Incinerator can be reloaded on the move.
|FLAM-40 'Incinerator' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 1-3 planet|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||200/s||300/s*||DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT); * Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Center Mass DPS||200/s||300/s†||No center mass bonus; † Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Status Effects||Heavy Burn||Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer|
|Effect Duration||2 s||2 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600||600||Capacity||110||150*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||Can reload while moving; no tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||10 m||10 m|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Being set on fire can be mitigated by quickly going prone.
- The Incinerator is capable of damaging heavily armoured enemies (such as the Bug Tank or Impaler) that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat. They can be ignited if their orange-coloured weak spots are hit. Bug Behemoths, Cyborg Warlords and IFVs cannot be set on fire by the Incinerator.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator is likely named after the M240 Incinerator Unit used by the United States Colonial Marines in the 1986 James Cameron film Aliens.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|