"A compact flamethrower capable of projecting Napalm flames several meters. Enemies hit with this weapon will start to burn. The flames can ignite fellow Helldivers as well."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The FLAM-40 Incinerator is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a low level planet - difficulty 1 to 3).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||A high-pressure tank allows a greater amount of fuel. Fuel capacity per magazine increased from 110 to 150.|
|Mk3||3||A pre-igniter step allows for more damage while flaming a target.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 4 tanks of Incinerator fuel, and can carry a maximum of 6. Each tank holds 110 units of flamer fuel (150 when upgraded to Mk2). A 'low ammunition' warning sound will play when the weapon is fired with less than 30 units of fuel remaining in the tank (40 if upgraded to Mk2).
- As this weapon does not use projectiles, it cannot retain a round in the chamber. Reload time is always 3 seconds, whether the tank is emptied or not.
- Unlike some bulkier support weapons, the Incinerator can be reloaded on the move.
|FLAM-40 'Incinerator' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 1-3 planet|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||200/s||300/s*||DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT); * Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Center Mass DPS||200/s||300/s†||No center mass bonus; † Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Status Effects||Heavy Burn||Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer|
|Effect Duration||2 s||2 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600||600|
|Capacity||110||150*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||Can reload while moving; no tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||10 m||10 m|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Incinerator leaves small patches of burning ground at the end of its range (or when hitting an enemy or object), similar to the lasting fire effect from Incendiary Grenades and Incendiary Bombs, though much smaller, and with shorter duration.
- While the actual damage this deals is low, enemies still avoid it, making it possible to use this for area-denial.
- When too close to an enemy or object, it is possible to damage yourself and set yourself on fire, even when not moving towards it.
- The Incinerator is capable of damaging heavily armoured enemies (such as the Bug Behemoth or Cyborg Warlord) that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat. This relies on the small puddles setting the target on fire, dealing damage-over-time.
- Being set on fire can be mitigated by quickly going prone.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator is likely named after the M240 Incinerator Unit used by the United States Colonial Marines in the 1986 James Cameron film Aliens.
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator was re-balanced in Patch 7.00. The weapon now leave puddles when used.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|