"A compact flamethrower capable of projecting Napalm flames several meters. Enemies hit with this weapon will start to burn. The flames can ignite fellow Helldivers as well."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The FLAM-40 Incinerator is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a low level planet - difficulty 1 to 3).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||A high-pressure tank allows a greater amount of fuel. Fuel capacity per magazine increased from 110 to 150.|
|Mk3||3||A pre-igniter step allows for more damage while flaming a target.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- The weapon comes with 4 tanks of Incinerator fuel, and can carry a maximum of 6. Each tank holds 110 units of flamer fuel (150 when upgraded to Mk2). A 'low ammunition' warning sound will play when the weapon is fired with less than 30 units of fuel remaining in the tank (40 if upgraded to Mk2).
- As this weapon does not use projectiles, it cannot retain a round in the chamber. Reload time is always 3 seconds, whether the tank is emptied or not.
- Unlike some bulkier support weapons, the Incinerator can be reloaded on the move.
|FLAM-40 'Incinerator' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 1-3 planet|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||200/s||300/s*||DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT); * Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Center Mass DPS||200/s||300/s†||No center mass bonus; † Requires Mk3 upgrade|
|Status Effects||Heavy Burn||Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer|
|Effect Duration||2 s||2 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600||600|
|Capacity||110||150*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Reload Speed||3 s||3 s||Can reload while moving; no tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||10 m||10 m|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator is a combination area denial and anti-personnel weapon available early on, offering Helldivers both defensive and offensive capabilities on the move but its limited range forces users to fight in close quarters. Divers should aim to keep enemies towards the outer range of the Incinerator's flames to allow its damage over time to wear down enemies and allow enough time and room to escape if enemies get too close and avoid damaging themselves. Diving to prone immediately puts out any ongoing fire damage over time.
- Flamethrowers are surprisingly effective against crowds of enemies with low total health and little to no armor to negate damage, such as most Illuminate units, faction patrols and especially Cyborg Grotesques, however the Incinerator has a limited range comparable the AC-5 Arc Shotgun. Helldivers must exercise caution when using it against powerful melee units and crowds due to this shortcoming. Keep in mind that vehicles and enemies with heavy armor will block the stream of flames entirely.
- The Incinerator leaves patches of burning fuel at the end of its range or when hitting an enemy or object, similar to the lasting fire effect from Incendiary Grenades, though smaller and only lasting five seconds. While the actual damage this deals is low, enemies will actively avoid it, making it possible to use this feature for improvised area denial.
- These patches are capable of damaging heavily armoured enemies (such as the Bug Behemoth or Cyborg Warlord) that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat. This relies on the puddles setting the target on fire, dealing damage-over-time. Cyborg IFVs cannot be set on fire by the Incinerator.
- The Incinerator's actual damage per second is higher than its raw stats imply: it will deal continuous damage, its status effect's damage over time, and the damage over time of the burning fuel patches simultaneously as long as enemies are in contact with any of these damage sources.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator is likely named after the M240 Incinerator Unit used by the United States Colonial Marines in the 1986 James Cameron film Aliens.
- The fuel canisters left behind during reloading are physical objects within the game's engine. They can come into contact with and detonate explosives such as mines and mortar shells or grenades from the M-25 Rumbler and Obliterator Grenade Launcher.
- The FLAM-40 Incinerator was re-balanced in Patch 7.00. The weapon now leave puddles when used.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|