"Exchanges your standard Helldiver sidearm with a compact flamer. Though it is as powerful as the FLAM-40 Incinerator, it has much shorter range and very limited ammunition. The upside is that you are always carrying a flamer for when you need to turn up the heat. Part of the Pistol Pack."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The FLAM-24 Pyro is part of the Pistol Pack and is unlocked by purchasing the respective DLC. Unlike normal weapons, it has no rank requirement to unlock and must be selected from the Perks menu at the mission loadout screen. The Pyro has no upgrade path due to its status as a Perk weapon.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start missions with 3 canisters of fuel and can carry up to a maximum 6. Each magazine contains 50 units of flamer fuel. If 10 or less units of fuel remain in the magazine when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- The Pyro ignites enemies and deals an additional 200 fire damage over 2 seconds, damage over time does not stack.
- The Pyro has a flat 2 second reload time and has no tactical reload due to using fixed capacity fuel tanks. As a result, no extra fuel is carried over between canisters if the user reloads early.
|FLAM-24 'Pyro' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via Pistol Pack DLC|
|Damage per Second (DPS)||200/s||Total DPS is higher in practice as this weapon damages directly and simultaneously applies damage over time (DoT)|
|Center Mass DPS||200/s||No center mass bonus|
|Status Effect||Heavy Burn||Does not stack, additional hits reset DoT timer|
|Effect Duration||2 s|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||600|
|Reload Speed||2 s||No tactical reload|
|Spread||N/A||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||8 m|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Pyro is automatically drawn in place of the P-2 Peacemaker when carrying objectives such as the Black Box, Illuminate Power Core or Artillery shells, or when mortally wounded. Keep in mind that you must manually switch back to your primary or stratagem weapon after dropping equipment or after recovering from being downed (if you fired the Pyro while downed).
- Flamethrowers are surprisingly effective against crowds of enemies with low total health and little to no armor to negate damage, such as most Illuminate units, faction patrols and especially Cyborg Grotesques. However, the Pyro has the shortest range of any weapon in the game, even less than that of the AC-5 Arc Shotgun. Helldivers must exercise caution when using it against powerful melee units and crowds due to this shortcoming. Keep in mind that vehicles and enemies with heavy armor will block the stream of flames entirely.
- The Pyro leaves small patches of burning fuel at the end of its range or when hitting an enemy or object, similar to the lasting fire effect from Incendiary Grenades and the FLAM-40 Incinerator, though much smaller and only lasting about five seconds (the same duration as the Incinerator's). While the actual damage this deals is low, enemies will actively avoid it, making it possible to use this feature for improvised area-denial.
- Unlike the Incinerator's patches, the area is too small to deal self-damage while standing still. It is still able to deal self-damage while lying still however (i.e. while downed and bleeding out or prone). Diving to prone will immediately put out any ongoing fire damage over time.
- These patches are capable of damaging heavily armored enemies (such as the Bug Behemoth or Cyborg Warlord) that would normally require anti-tank weapons or Stratagems to defeat. This relies on the small puddles setting the target on fire, dealing damage-over-time. Cyborg IFVs cannot be set on fire by the Pyro.
- The Pyro's actual damage per second is higher than its raw stats imply: it will deal continuous damage, its status effect's damage over time, and the damage over time of the burning fuel patches simultaneously as long as enemies are in contact with any of these damage sources.
- While it is smaller and has less range than its larger brother the FLAM-40 Incinerator, the Pyro still deals the same amount of damage up front and over time as the non-upgraded Incinerator.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The FLAM-24 Pyro was re-balanced in Patch 7.01. The pistol now leaves small puddles when used similar to the Incinerator ones.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|