"Calls down two EAT-17 expendable anti-tank weapons. The EAT is a one-use rocket capable of damaging heavily armored targets."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The EAT-17 is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-low level planet - difficulty 4 to 6).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||Improved with lightweight materials, this allows the user to move while aiming.|
|Mk3||1||Adds a laser sight, allowing for easier aim while moving. This upgrade requires the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle Mk2.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- A single EAT-17 can be carried at a time. It will be discarded after firing. Picking up another EAT-17 will swap the one you are currently holding for the one on the ground.
|EAT-17 Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Difficulty 4-6 planet|
|Weapon Category||Expendable anti-tank weapon|
|Center Mass Damage||3200||3200|
|Anti-Personnel Explosive Damage||150||150|
|Anti-Personnel Explosion Radius||2.0 m||2.0 m|
|Direct Explosive Damage||0||0|
|Direct Explosion Radius||0.0 m||0.0 m|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||60||60||Theoretical maximum RoF; does not take into account picking up new EATs|
|Capacity||1||1||Each Hellpod delivers 2 EAT-17s|
|Reload Speed||N/A||N/A||Single-use weapon|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The EAT-17 can land one-shot kills on heavier armored enemies such as Cyborg Warlords and IFVs if the rocket connects at the right angle, though this is still unreliable. Aim 90 degree shots on the chest for Warlords and likewise for IFVs' sides and front. Rear shots for the latter are almost guaranteed to knock it out on the first shot.
- The EAT can be used to reliably immobilize Cyborg IFVs without destroying them. This can be used in a wide variety of situations, such as to stop them from disgorging groups of Grotesques. Immobilizing an IFV that is not a direct threat to the current mission objective can be better than destroying it, as that will often immediately cause a new IFV to be spawned (possibly in a much less convenient location).
- Cyborg Warlords that survive an EAT shot can usually be finished off by a few hits from a non-AT weapon -- if you hit them straight in the chest at a right angle. The following work:
- High damage projectiles: P-6 Gunslinger, LHO-63 Camper, RX-1 Rail Gun, M2016 Constitution, AC-22 Dum-Dum. Out of these, the Gunslinger is capable of putting out the highest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time.
- Plasma weapons: PLAS-3 Singe, PLAS-1 Scorcher. The Singe has more range and slightly higher damage; the Scorcher sets the target on fire for extra damage over time, regardless of whether the projectile itself punches through the target's armor.
- Laser weapons with continuous beams: LAS-5 Scythe, LAS-12 Tanto, LAS-98 Laser Cannon. Keeping the beam focused on the center mass of the target at a right angle will greatly increase damage output and may be necessary to deal any damage at all. Watch for blue sparks appearing on the target as these are a sign that you're not getting through its armor.
- Arc weapons: AC-3 Arc Thrower, AC-5 Arc Shotgun. These always hit the front armor location if the target has one, which in the case of Warlords is their weak spot. They do need a sufficient amount of charge, otherwise the damage will be too low to penetrate the Warlord's armor.
- Explosive weapons: Grenades, Incendiary Grenades, Obliterator Grenade Launcher. The latter two also set fire to the target.
- Compared to the RL-112 Recoilless Rifle, the EAT-17 has a smaller explosive radius, which means that it can be safely fired in relatively close proximity to the target. It also doesn't require lengthy or assisted reloads between shots: as long as there are EATs lying around nearby, they can be fired as quickly as it takes to pick them up and aim them.
- Compared to the 5 Demolishers you get per use, only two EATs will be supplied; one can be carried at a time. Both have the advantage of being disposable anti-tank secondary weapon Stratagems, which means falling down a ravine and losing your equipment is less of a setback. The EAT has some specific advantages:
- Shorter cooldown duration (2 minutes vs. 3 for the REC-6), which in turn means more Hellpods to crush enemies with.
- EATs never disappear, unlike Demolishers which despawn after a few minutes. (Note: EATs will still despawn if you leave them on the Hellpod they came in.)
- A single use of the EAT-17 Stratagem can be shared between two players. In the case of Demolishers, the batch currently held is swapped out for the new batch when picked up, leaving the spares for another player to use.
- Reliably immobilizes IFVs if needed and can take direct shots, while Demolishers need some time to set up and execute the throw.
- This Stratagem can be used to destroy mission targets (Cyborg AA Guns, Bug Nests or Illuminate Beacons) instead of the standard-issue NUX-223 Hellbomb.
- It is possible, though very difficult, to throw the EAT-17's Stratagem Beacon so that it lands close enough to an AA Gun to crush it. This means that you can use the other two EATs to destroy the remaining two AA Guns.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The EAT-17 was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The weapon is now capable of taking out all lower tier armored enemies in a single shot.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|