DBS-2 Double Freedom
"With two barrels and two triggers, this shotgun can fire both its shells at an incredible rate of fire, great for taking out large groups of enemies, or single targets at short range."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The DBS-2 Double Freedom unlocks at rank 24 (Lord).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Sawed-Off||2||Allows the weapon to be used in one hand such as when downed or carrying something.|
|Phosphorus Rounds||Sawed-Off||2||Shots set fire to enemies hit.|
- Removes the stock and shortens the barrel, lightening the weapon and decreasing its overall size. Allows one-handed use while incapacitated or carrying objectives while increasing movement speed while aiming.
- Replaces standard buckshot with specialized high-power incendiary rounds.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start missions with 32 clips and can carry up to a maximum of 64, each clip holding two shells. The Double Freedom lacks a 'low ammo' warning due to only holding two shells at a time.
- The Double Freedom has a 1.5 second reload time and has no tactical reload due to both shells being ejected upon reloading. The Double Freedom thus will always have 2 shells chambered upon reloading and the process cannot be sped up by any means.
|DBS-2 'Double Freedom' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 24|
|Weapon Category||Shotgun||Becomes one-handed with Sawed-Off upgrade|
|Fire Mode||Semi-auto||Automatically fires as long as trigger is held down|
|Center Mass Damage||85||85||Per projectile|
|# of Projectiles||16||16|
|Status Effect||None||Fire*||* Requires Phosphorus Rounds upgrade|
|Fire Damage/sec||0||100/s*||* Requires Phosphorus Rounds upgrade|
|Effect Duration||0 s||2 s*||* Requires Phosphorus Rounds upgrade|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Rate of Fire (RPM)||402||402|
|Max Reserve Clips||64||64|
|Reload Speed||1.5 s||1.5 s||No tactical reload, does not discard ammo until animation finishes|
|Spread||30°||30°||Fixed firing pattern|
|Max Range||13 m||13 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
|Aim + Movement Speed Mod||todo||todo||* Requires Sawed-Off upgrade|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Double Freedom is primarily a close range hit-and-run shotgun: it deals slightly increased damage per projectile compared to the Breaker and Punisher and has the widest firing cone out of all shotguns. Its huge pellet spread and ability to fire both barrels almost simultaneously allow it to deal an extraordinary amount of damage to targets within melee range and deal with multiple enemies at once, however its effectiveness vs stronger enemies falters outside this range and it suffers from extremely frequent reloads.
- The Phosphorus Rounds upgrade gives the Double Freedom's hit-and-run style of fighting a very noticeable boost when engaging multiple enemies at once. The wide cone of fire allows its user to ignite entire mobs at once and let the damage over time weaken or finish off injured enemies, greatly increasing its ammo economy by letting enemies burn before reigniting them. This requires either teamwork or plenty of space to pull off however as some enemies take longer to burn to death than others. Note that the burning effect from the Phosphorus Rounds deals the same amount of damage over time and per-second as flamethrowers such as the FLAM-40.
- With the Sawed-Off upgrade, the Double Freedom can be used in one hand like SMGs and pistols and will increase a Helldiver's mobility while aiming. A sawed-off Double Freedom can be used when carrying objectives such as the Black Box, Illuminate Power Core or artillery shells, or when downed. Helldivers can switch between the Double Freedom and their sidearm while carrying objectives or downed by pressing the 'weapon switch' button. If a support weapon such as the MG-94 is currently equipped, the Double Freedom will take priority over the Helldiver's sidearm when downed or picking up objectives and will be switched to first.
- The Double Freedom will not discard remaining ammo until its reload animation is complete, allowing the animation to be interrupted to fire the remaining shell if needed by using melee, opening the map, or opening the stratagem menu.
- Reloading the Double Freedom causes empty shells to be ejected up into the air. These shells are actually modeled objects in the game-world and can collide with other objects, specifically with projectiles fired from the Obliterator Grenade Launcher and M-25 Rumbler (part of the Weapons Pack DLC), causing their projectiles to explode mid-air. Any player or NPC on the ground caught in the effective radius of these mid-air explosions may experience severe damage or death from the initial explosion and/or the appropriate status effects of these weapons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Double Freedom is one of a handful of fully animated weapons. When reloading, it will break open and eject empty, still-smoking shell casings.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|