The absolute masters of the Illuminate race, Council Members are the ones holding their alien, spaghetti-like, appendages on the WMD trigger. They are very much like Illusionists but with political power and increased protection.
Meeting one of these on the battlefield is a free pass to take out part of the threat presented by the Illuminate race.
The mind-altering orbs fired by the Council Member can be destroyed by dealing 60 damage to them.
|Orb Bomb 2||n/a||n/a||no||explosive|
|Orb Bomb 2||2.0||90||1.0||210||no||no||no||n/a|
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Predominately found on high level planets, Council Members spawn infrequently, teleporting onto the battlefield alone wherever Observers or Watchers have raised an alarm to warn of a Helldiver's presence.
- Council Members look and behave very much like Illusionists: after spawning, they will engage players in combat by launching homing projectiles at them, two or three of which are enough to down a Helldiver. These orbs detonate after a short time if they don't hit anything, causing all players caught in the blast area to have their controls temporarily reversed. Walking, aiming and even the input of Stratagem Codes are affected.
- These higher-up Illuminates have several other attacks. One is a wide area-of-effect blast centered on the Council Member, which will also reverse the player's controls, and a very lethal white orb which can instantly kill an unshielded Helldiver.
- Players can target the orbs with weapons fire to get rid of them. Fire from Incendiary Bombs or the Incendiary Grenades Perk will destroy the projectiles on contact and makes for an effective temporary barrier. This does not work against their wide-area mind blast.
- Their projectiles tend to curve back if dodged (which can be done by quick footwork, engaging the LIFT-850 Jump Pack or by going prone). Using the SH-20 Shield Generator Pack makes Helldivers immune to the control reversing effect of the Council Member's attacks.
- Council Members can only withstand a moderate amount of punishment and are normally fairly slow, however, they will teleport out of the line of fire after receiving some damage and their projectile attacks absorb some of the weapons fire intended for them. This, combined with their control reversal attack and the lethality of their projectiles, make them an extremely dangerous and resilient foe.
- As long as their shield is up, Council Members are immune to:
- Incendiary weapons and Stratagems (like the FLAM-40 Incinerator) will ignite Council Members once their shields are depleted, prevent them from teleporting as long as they are burning.
Notes[edit | edit source]