Close Air Support
"A low flying run from an Eagle fighter jet, where it strafes the area with its main cannon and fires two missiles that home in on targets. It has both great anti-tank and anti-personnel applications and represents the versatility of Helldivers air power. The Close Air Support stratagem is part of the Specialist equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
Close Air Support is a DLC stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Specialist Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||1||Upgrades the Eagle's main cannon to 30mm, increasing damage.|
|Mk3||2||The Eagle now fires four missiles.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Close Air Support strikes are always perpendicular to the direction of the throw.
- This and Strafing Run are the only stratagems that are not affected by the 1-second activation time reduction from Precision Call-In Perk. There is no way to activate these stratagems faster than 0.1 second.
- Close Air Support is fast, deadly and reliable, effective against most targets. However, exercise caution as the missiles may end up homing in on enemies in close proximity to Helldivers, potentially catching them in the blast.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Close Air Support's homing missiles are identical to those fired by the MLS-4X Commando and they work exactly the same.
- Close Air Support missiles are counted as a shot and they will most likely boost your total accuracy at the mission results screen.