"A fighter in orbit diverts to your location and delivers a high speed airstrike on the beacon."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Airstrike is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-low level planet - difficulty 4 to 6).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||Improved airstrike contains more bombs covering a larger area. Stratagem name changed to Improved Airstrike.|
|Mk3||2||Further improvements result in a larger explosion, covering a significantly larger area. Stratagem name changed to Heavy Airstrike. This upgrade requires the Vindicator Dive Bomb Mk2.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Airstrike always arrives perpendicular to the throw.
- This Stratagem can be used to destroy mission targets (Cyborg AA Guns, Bug Nests or Illuminate Beacons) instead of the standard-issue NUX‑223 Hellbomb.
- It can take out multiple Bug Nests if they are clumped together. If you have to destroy a full group of 5 nests, two well-placed Airstrikes will do the trick.
- Cooldown time with Stratagem Priority is 54 seconds.
- When fully upgraded, the Airstrike becomes a deadly and highly reliable Stratagem for clearing out groups of enemies. It is even strong enough to destroy enemies like Bug Behemoths with only a single use.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Airstrike was re-balanced in Patch 1.04. The damage was increased and the activation time was reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.