Airdropped Stun Mines
"Calls in a carpet of self-arming, self-burying stun mines. Anything that walks over them will set them off, and when a mine explodes it stuns everything in a small area. Some enemies are immune to the stunning effect, such as vehicles and shielded units."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The Airdropped Stun Mines stratagem is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a medium-low level planet - difficulty 4 to 6).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The mines are scattered randomly within a strip that is centered on the beacon and perpendicular to the direction faced when thrown (as with the Strafing Run and Airstrike stratagems).
- The mines are triggered by close or direct contact. They can be set off by both Helldivers and enemies (so be mindful of where you place them), and will also be triggered if a grenade lands on or bounces on them. Despite several Illuminate units hovering above the ground, they can also trigger the mines if they float directly over them.
- Stun mines look similar to Airdropped Anti-Personnel Mines but have a white light instead of a red light.
- Unlike the Airdropped Anti-Personnel/Anti-Tank Mines, stun mines are safe to be thrown on or near objectives such as the Missile Launchpad and Geological Survey since they will not damage these destroyable objectives.
- Only five sets of mines can be deployed at the same time on a map, deploying a sixth set of mines, including Airdropped Anti-Personnel/Anti-Tank Mines and the Anti-Personnel Barrier (DLC) will cause the first set of mines to despawn shortly after; this limit is shared by the entire Helldiver squad and applies to any map-size and mission-type, meaning that players can cancel out each other's lethal mines, stun mines and barb wire if they keep spamming these specific Stratagems.
- The stun effect lasts for about 5 seconds, similar to the Stun Grenades Perk, but with a larger area of effect.
- Vehicles and shielded units (including Helldivers wearing the SH-20 Shield Generator Pack) cannot be stunned.
- While Helldivers' movements are greatly slowed by getting stunned, this can be mitigated by going prone repeatedly or utilizing the LIFT-850 Jump Pack to get clear of the area.
Gallery[edit | edit source]