"A carbine version of the AR-19 Liberator, it has a slightly extended magazine and much higher fire rate. Seldom used since the ammunition expenditure is higher than any other Helldiver weapon."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AR-22C Patriot unlocks at rank 11 (Lieutenant).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Affixes a long blade under the barrel of the gun, turning it into a simple but formidable melee weapon. Greatly increases melee damage and range but slows down melee speed.
- A muzzle brake is attached to the barrel of the gun, directing the escaping gases in such a way that it compensates for a larger portion of the recoil and results in decreased spread and increased recoil control.
- Increases the number of rounds in the magazine from 35 to 75. The number of spare magazines that can be carried remains unchanged.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start missions with 6 magazines and can carry up to a maximum of 12. Each magazine contains 35 rounds (or 75 with the Extended Magazine upgrade). If 3 or less rounds remain in the magazine when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play and red tracer rounds will fire. The low ammo warning plays much later than almost any other high-capacity weapon in the game, meaning Helldivers will have to actively watch their remaining ammo if they wish to use tactical reloads often.
- The Patriot takes 2.5 seconds to reload when empty and 1.25 seconds with ammunition remaining in the magazine. Performing a tactical reload with ammo left in the magazine keeps a round in the chamber as well, giving the Patriot with the Extended Magazine upgrade a maximum of 76 shots before needing to be reloaded again.
|AR-22c 'Patriot' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 11|
|Weapon Category||Assault Rifle|
|Center Mass Damage||100||100|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||0||0|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||1380||1380|
|Capacity||35 + 1||75+ 1‡||‡ Requires Extended Magazine upgrade|
|Empty Reload Speed||2.5 s||2.5 s|
|Tactical Reload Speed||1.25 s||1.25 s||Keeps one round in the chamber|
|Max Spread||8°||6°†||† Requires Recoil Absorber upgrade|
|Spread Increase per Shot||~0.47°||0.4°†||† Requires Recoil Absorber upgrade|
|Max Range||30 m||30 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Patriot is a direct upgrade to the Liberator in almost every aspect: it has a lower maximum spread, a higher rate of fire, and a larger magazine. On the other hand, the Patriot is slightly less accurate on the first shot than the Liberator, becomes inaccurate on full auto earlier due to its higher rate of fire, and deals slightly less damage on off-center shots.
- The Patriot is best fired in short, controlled bursts to maximize accuracy and ammo efficiency; it can rapidly deliver large amounts of firepower with high accuracy at almost any range so long as its considerable recoil is properly managed. The Extended Magazine upgrade is practically mandatory as it more than doubles the number of rounds per magazine, allowing both more total ammunition to be carried and decreases the amount of time spent reloading.
- The Patriot's rapid rate of fire is a double edged sword. While capable of emptying its entire extended magazine in a little over 3 seconds and wiping out anything in its line of sight that isn't heavily armored, this rapid use of ammo can result in shortages at the worst of times. Save spraying and praying for emergencies and ranges where spread is not an issue or consider bringing a Resupply Pack to carry 12 to 24 magazines worth of extra ammo with you.
- Adding a Bayonet to this weapon will greatly increase its already impressive lethality in close quarters combat and when low on ammunition. Most medium-level enemies can be killed with one or two stabs of the bayonet. The bayonet increases the recovery time between melee attacks however, which can lead to problems when engaging enemies that attack in swarms such as Bug Warriors, Cyborg Grotesques, or Illuminate Tripods. As with all weapons with bayonets, unshielded Helldivers can be killed with a single bayonet attack unless they are wearing Heavy Armor. Exercise caution when using melee near teammates!
- The bayonet upgrade extends the range covered by the 'Melee Dodge' technique, allowing for more distance to be covered and a larger snap-aiming window with weapons while moving. Without a bayonet, this technique requires more precise timing to reliably use. Consult the Advanced Gameplay Techniques page for more information on Melee Dodging.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Patriot is based on the L22A2 variant of the British SA80, a family of bullpup assault rifles chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. The main difference between the two rifles is the L22A2 lacks a proper handguard over the barrel and instead has a rail with a detachable vertical foregrip, while the Patriot has a shortened but otherwise complete version of the Liberator's handguard.
- Like the Liberator, the Patriot seems to lack any form of flip-up iron sights or attachment points for them, however it likely uses a variable zoom scope for use at multiple ranges.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|