"This combat rifle was created to aid Helldivers in battle when they need a higher caliber rifle. The magazine carries fewer rounds than the Liberator assault rifle but each round is of a higher caliber, effective against medium armored targets."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AR-20L Justice unlocks at rank 18 (Brigadier).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Affixes a long blade under the barrel of the gun, turning it into a simple but formidable melee weapon. Greatly increases melee damage and range but slows down melee speed.
- A muzzle brake is attached to the barrel of the gun, directing the escaping gases in such a way that it compensates for a larger portion of the recoil and results in decreased spread and increased recoil control.
- Increases the number of rounds in the magazine from 20 to 30. The number of spare magazines that can be carried remains unchanged.
- Replaces standard ammo with specially designed rounds capable of penetrating multiple targets with ease. Note that Penetrator Rounds still cannot punch through armored enemies that normal ammunition cannot damage. This special ammo does not deal any extra damage.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
- Helldivers start with 6 magazines and can carry up to a maximum of 12. Each magazine contains 20 rounds by default (30 with the Extended Magazine upgrade). If 3 or less rounds remain in the magazine when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- The Justice takes 2.5 seconds to reload when empty and 1.25 seconds with ammunition remaining in the magazine. Performing a tactical reload with ammo left in the magazine keeps a round in the chamber as well, giving the Justice with the Extended Magazine upgrade a maximum of 31 shots before needing to be reloaded again.
|AR-20L 'Justice' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 18|
|Weapon Category||Assault Rifle|
|Center Mass Damage||150||150|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||-15||-15|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||408||408|
|Capacity||20 + 1||30 + 1*||* Requires Extended Magazine upgrade|
|Empty Reload Speed||2.5 s||2.5 s|
|Tactical Reload Speed||1.25 s||1.25 s||Keeps one round in the chamber|
|Spread Increase Per Shot||2.5°||1.0°|
|Max Range||30 m||30 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Justice is an excellent jack of all trades weapon with a shallow learning curve. Although its rate of fire is the slowest of all AR variants, this makes it easier to squeeze off single shots or small bursts, giving the Justice perfect accuracy at any range. On the other hand, it has the largest per-shot spread accumulation of all ARs when fired in full auto. While expensive to upgrade, in its fully upgraded state it is a very flexible and extremely forgiving weapon that is a welcome addition to any team composition.
- The Justice's Penetrator Rounds upgrade allows it take out clustered and lined up enemies with far greater ammo efficiency than any of the other ARs, especially when coupled with the Extended Magazines and Recoil Absorber upgrades and its high damage. Consider kiting (leading) enemies into lines or tight groups to ensure multiple enemies get hit by the same projectile. This advantage comes at the cost of potentially hitting other Helldivers or objectives if they are near or behind your targets; pay special attention to what's between and behind your target.
- Adding a Bayonet to this weapon will greatly increase its lethality and utility in close quarters combat and when low on ammunition. Most medium-level enemies can be killed with one or two stabs of the bayonet. The bayonet increases the recovery time between melee attacks however, which can lead to problems when engaging enemies that attack in swarms such as Bug Warriors, Cyborg Grotesques, or Illuminate Tripods. As with all weapons with bayonets, unshielded Helldivers can be killed with a single bayonet attack unless they are wearing Heavy Armor. Exercise caution when using melee near teammates!
- The bayonet upgrade extends the range covered by the 'Melee Dodge' technique, allowing for more distance to be covered and a larger snap-aiming window with weapons while moving. Without a bayonet, this technique requires more precise timing to reliably use. Consult the Advanced Gameplay Techniques page for more information on Melee Dodging.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Justice is based on the L86A1 LSW variant of the British SA80, a family of bullpup assault rifles chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. The main differences between the two rifles is the L86A1 is chambered in the same ammo as its non-DMR counterpart and features a built-in bipod and a handle rearward of the magazine for use while lying prone, while the Justice chambers a larger and more powerful round than the Liberator and does not feature any additional attachments.
- Like the Liberator, the Justice seems to lack any form of flip-up iron sights or attachment points for them, however it likely features a variable zoom scope for use at multiple ranges.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|