AD-334 Guard Dog
"The AD-334 Guard Dog is a defensive automated drone armed with a small submachine gun. It is based from a backpack carried on the Helldivers back and will land there to rearm whenever it runs out of ammunition. The AD-334 is part of the Defender equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AD-334 Guard Dog is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Defender Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||An upgraded stabilizer allows the drone to move and shoot at the same time.|
|Mk3||2||Upgrades the drone to fire mini-stun, armor-piercing ammunition.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The AD-334 Guard Dog is one of two personal defense drones available to Helldivers, the other being the AD-289 Angel. It is the offensive counterpart to the Angel and shares the same behaviour, orbiting its user until it is needed and retiring to its backpack between skirmishes. The Guard Dog will automatically fire upon any nearby hostiles with an integrated submachine gun, regardless of whether it can damage them or not. Once fully upgraded, the Guard Dog can fire on the move and uses mini-stun AP rounds like the fully upgraded SMG-45 Defender.
- The Guard Dog's integrated gun is a near copy of the Defender, sporting a mediocre rate of fire and damage, however it operates independently and can kill or disrupt enemies to take pressure off of its user in the heat of battle.
- The Guard is very effective at stopping charging Cyborg Hounds and Grotesques, saving its user from being knocked off balance or downed.
- The Guard Dog ignores obstructions when firing. While the damage it deals is minuscule, it is still capable of downing other Helldivers and even its owner should they be between the Guard Dog and its target.
- If the Guard Dog does not have a target for more than 15 seconds, it will return to its owner's backpack to fully reload.
- The drone cannot leave its backpack if its owner is inside a vehicle. While using a vehicle, the Guard Dog will automatically begin reloading. It will immediately redeploy upon exiting once reloaded.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The AD-334 Guard Dog was re-balanced in Patch 7.00. The stratagem will return to backpack to rearm if left idle for 12 up to 20 seconds.