"The AD-289 Angel is a support drone capable of healing injured Helldivers that are nearby. It has limited supply of the regenerative substance and must land in the backpack to refill when it runs out. The AD-289 is part of the Support equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AD-289 Angel is a DLC Stratagem, available at any rank to those who purchase the Support Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||Increased supply of the regenerative substance.|
|Mk3||2||An upgraded stabilizer allows the drone to move and heal at the same time.|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The AD-289 Angel can neutralize effects such as a poison and prevent a player's otherwise inevitable death. It can help up its owner and other nearby Helldivers and NPC Survivors from a short distance.
- The drone's healing beam is similar to that projected by the REP-80 "repair gun", but much, much less potent. It has a range of 12 meters.
- The REP-80's beam can heal multiple targets (if upgraded to Mk2) at a rate of 300 Health per second; the Angel heals a single target at a rate of 20 Health per second and cannot be aimed manually, but does not require switching to the secondary weapon slot to use.
- While the AD-289 can also repair the turrets and vehicles utilized by Helldivers, this takes so much time it is rarely practical in battlefield conditions.
- After taking too much damage, a Helldiver vehicle will shutdown and catch on fire, quickly draining its remaining bar, until it explodes. This is essentially the vehicle's Health value being depleted, and its remaining Constitution value naturally decaying (much in the same way a wounded Helldiver falls to the ground and bleeds). Unlike the REP-80, the AD-289 cannot by itself reverse that state or stop the burning. It can restore a non-burning vehicle's Health to its maximum value, albeit very, very slowly.
- The drone cannot leave the backpack if its owner is inside a vehicle, only deploying when the Helldiver has disembarked.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The AD-289 Angel was re-balanced in Patch 7.00. The stratagem will return to backpack to rearm if left idle for 12 up to 20 seconds.