AC-5 Arc Shotgun
"The AC-5 uses the same charge building setup as the AC-3 but instead of discharging at a specific target, it tries to saturate an area in front of the user with electricity. This application has limited range, but the damage output is enough to completely fry light and medium targets. The AC-5 is part of the Pilot equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AC-5 Arc Shotgun is part of the Pilot Pack and is automatically unlocked by purchasing the respective DLC.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Faster Charge||2||It takes less time to reach full charge.|
|Increased Range||Faster Charge||1||Upgrades the range of the weapon.|
- Improving the power generation and capacitors decreases the charge time significantly.
- Improvements and tweaks allows the shots fired to travel a greater distance before losing their power.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
As it is an Arc weapon, the AC-5 does not require any ammunition to fire.
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- An Arc weapon blast, if it connects with a target unit, will always ignore angle and assume the hit to be to the front of the unit. This can be demonstrated by shooting an upgraded HAV or a blocking Cyborg Hulk.
- The Arc Shotgun is capable of firing through terrain and other types of obstructions (such as friendly Helldivers). Any enemy that is not heavily armored caught within its cone of fire will be crippled or killed. The longer the trigger is held, the larger the cone of fire.
- If you need to reposition quickly but have your Arc weapon charged up, a good practice is to discharge it in the opposite direction of any friendly Helldivers.
- Unfortunately, charging an Arc weapon slows the user's movement to a crawl, which can hold back the rest of the squad. Together with their top-tier talent for terminating team members, it can be a challenge to learn how to use Arc weapons around other Helldivers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|