AC-3 Arc Thrower
"The Arc Thrower projects an arc of lightning that follows the path of least resistance. The weapon can be charged up for a more powerful effect."
- Armory Description
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AC-3 Arc Thrower unlocks at rank 22 (Field Marshal).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Faster Charge||2||It takes less time to reach full charge.|
|Increased Range||Faster Charge||1||Upgrades the range of the weapon.|
- Improving the power generation and capacitors decreases the charge time significantly.
- Improvements and tweaks allows the shots fired to travel a greater distance before losing their power.
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
As it is an Arc weapon, the AC-3 does not require any ammunition to fire.
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- An Arc weapon blast, if it connects with a target unit, will always ignore angle and assume the hit to be to the front of the unit. This can be demonstrated by shooting an upgraded HAV or a blocking Cyborg Hulk.
- The Arc Thrower is capable of eradicating or crippling large groups of enemies in a single zap. The longer the trigger is held, the larger the arc it ejects.
- If you need to reposition quickly but have your Arc weapon charged up, a good practice is to discharge it in the opposite direction of any friendly Helldivers.
- Unfortunately, charging an Arc weapon slows the user's movement to a crawl, which can hold back the rest of the squad. Together with their top-tier talent for terminating team members, it can be a challenge to learn how to use Arc weapons around other Helldivers.
- Hitting other players who wear an active SH-20 Shield Generator Pack can extend the range of the Arc Throwers weapon blast without damaging or killing the other player. The Shield, however, will be disabled when hit and must recharge again.
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|