"This 20mm Autocannon is a staple of Helldiver weaponry. Usually reserved for APCs and other vehicles, this is a shoulder carried version for the Helldiver on foot. It is an extremely bulky weapon, but performs very well against medium-armored targets. The Dum-Dum is part of the Weapons equipment kit."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this single-use Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The AC-22 Dum-Dum is a DLC weapon, available at any rank to those who purchase the Weapons Pack.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||2||Increases the fire rate without losing out on accuracy.|
|Mk3||2||Adds a laser sight, making sure that all rounds land on target.|
Weapon Stats[edit | edit source]
Helldivers start with 3 magazines of Dum-Dum ammunition, and can carry up to 6. Each magazine contains 20 rounds. If 4 or less rounds remain in the magazine when the weapon is fired, the 'low ammunition' warning sound will play.
- Reload time for a fully emptied magazine is 4 seconds; if reloaded while there are still rounds in the magazine, this drops to 3 seconds. In addition, this keeps a round in the chamber. This means a Dum-Dum with a chambered round gives a total of 21 shots before needing to be reloaded.
- Reloading immobilizes the Helldiver for the duration.
|AC-22 'Dum-Dum' Detailed Analysis|
|Weapon Info||Additional Notes|
|Unlock Rank||Rank 1||Unlocked via DLC|
|Center Mass Damage||720||720|
|AP Ammo Armor Reduction||-15||-15|
|Cyclic Rate of Fire (RPM)||150||200*||* Requires Mk2 upgrade|
|Capacity||20 + 1||20 + 1|
|Empty Reload Speed||4.0 s||4.0 s||Immobilized while reloading|
|Tactical Reload Speed||3.0 s||3.0 s||Immobilized while reloading; keeps one round in the chamber|
|Spread Increase per Shot||0.75°||0.75°|
|Max Range||30 m||30 m|
|Bullet Spread Simulation||todo|
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- The AC-22 Dum-Dum can be considered a side-grade to the MG-94 Machine Gun and fulfills the same purpose, albeit using a different approach to the same problem. The Dum-dum is a devastating, high precision anti-personnel weapon that can eliminate most light to medium troops in one to two shots and acts as a heavy sniper rifle with has the weight to match, having a much lower turn speed while aiming. It is sheer overkill on most scouts however and Helldivers are encouraged to save ammo for heavier enemies or bring resupply-focused Stratagems if they wish to use the Dum-Dum in place of a primary weapon.
- The laser sight upgrade is a must for this weapon as it allows for much greater precision at range to ensure all rounds hit their target. This also gives the added benefit of letting divers sweep their aim from one enemy to the next with properly timed firing, making quick work of most patrols well before they can get close enough to sound the alarm.
- Using a melee attack while aiming completely removes the turn speed restriction of the Dum-Dum and lets the user's aim snap to the cursor immediately. Mastering this technique allows users to quickly snap between targets with enough practice while barely slowing the weapon's rate of fire.
- The Dum-Dum has limited anti-armor capacities due to its high caliber rounds; it can punch through the body armour of Cyborg Warlords and Hulks if the shot hits center mass. This gives its users some form of last-ditch offense against the more heavily armored enemies if offensive Stratagems or support from teammates is not available.
- Helldivers are completely immobilized for the duration of the weapon's reload. If necessary, the animation can be cancelled prematurely by switching weapons or diving to prone to avoid harm or cancel an improperly timed reload.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Dum-Dum is evidently too unwieldy to be used as a melee weapon. When carrying this weapon, Helldivers will perform a melee attack by striking enemies with their fist instead of using the weapon itself. This is purely cosmetic however and attacks will deal the same damage as a regular melee attack.
- The AC-22 Dum-Dum was re-balanced in Patch 3.02. The weapon now has a higher aim speed.
- The AC-22 Dum-Dum was re-balanced in Patch 7.00 (again). The weapon now has significantly increased damage.
|Sidearms||Assault rifles||LMGs||Shotguns||SMGs||Precision||Explosive||Laser tech||Arc tech|
|P-2 Peacemaker||AR-19 Liberator||MG-105 Stalwart♦||SG-225 Breaker||SMG-45 Defender||LHO-63 Camper♦||CR-9 Suppressor♦||LAS-5 Scythe||AC-3 Arc Thrower|
|P-6 Gunslinger♦||AR-22C Patriot||SG-8 Punisher||MP-98 Knight SMG||RX-1 Rail Gun||PLAS-1 Scorcher♦||LAS-16 Sickle♦||AC-5 Arc Shotgun♦|
|FLAM-24 Pyro♦||AR-20L Justice||DBS-2 Double Freedom||SMG-34 Ninja♦||M2016 Constitution||LAS-12 Tanto♦|
|PLAS-3 Singe♦||AR-14D Paragon♦||LAS-13 Trident|