A/GL-8 Launcher Turret
"The A/GL-8 Launcher Turret is the latest development in automated sentry technology. Launching the same rounds as the Obliterator, it has immense firepower and shoots over obstacles. Meant for fixed position defense, a variable firing range was not deemed necessary during development. The turret can discern friend from foe, but watch out for the blast radius."
- Armory Description
Stratagem Code[edit | edit source]
Players must enter the following sequence, using the controller d‑pad, in order to call down this Stratagem during a mission:
Unlock Requirement[edit | edit source]
The A/GL-8 Launcher Turret is granted to the player as a reward for completing all the missions on its associated planet (typically a high level planet - difficulty 10 to 11).
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Mk1||Basic variant, no upgrades.|
|Mk2||3||Improves turn speed.|
|Mk3||4||The weapon now fires phosphorus grenades setting fire to anything they hit.|
Detailed Statistics[edit | edit source]
For a detailed overview and comparison of the statlines for Helldivers, their equipment and all enemies, check the Detailed Statistics page.
Gameplay Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the regular grenades every Helldiver carries, this turret is not capable of damaging Cyborg IFVs or destroying mission objectives.
- With the Mk3 upgrade, Phosphorus Grenades, the A/GL-8 Launcher Turret's grenades will set fire to everything caught in their blast, dealing fire damage over time.
- The A/GL-8 is the only turret capable of hitting prone/downed Helldivers. Adjust your tactics accordingly.
- The fixed range of the A/GL-8's indirect-fire weapon means that once an enemy gets very close to the turret, it will be free to attack with impunity.
- If you can keep it from being sniped, this turret will make short work of nearly anything the Illuminates are able to throw at it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The A/GL-8 Launcher Turret was released to players, for free, on Liberty Day (October 26th, 2017) along with the Thunderer Smoke Round and the Heavy Strafing Run Stratagems.
- The 5.06 patch increased the amount of uses from 2 to 3.